Moving a obj model that has bones in Blender to Daz 3D

I'm fairly new to Daz3D and Blender. I have a model I made with bones in blender and really want to move into Daz3D. Is there some way to move the obj AND it's bones into Daz3D? 
Every time I export the model as an obj from blender and open it in Daz3D, it acts as though the model is a prop.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406

Obj format doesn't include any information regarding rigging, so exporting as obj won't keep bones.

You can try using fbx format. However generally speaking DS is not that good at importing bones from other programs, it's better to rig your models in DS directly.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

Daz Studio does not import bones in any usuable way in my experience. Anything you import that needs bones will have to be rerigged in DS.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,709
    edited June 2022

Make sure when you export from Blender in the OBJ export settings you have "Objects as Object Groups Checked". Then in DS open the Figure Setup Pane, and right click on the left side where it says "Geometry List", Select "Add Geometry", then drag the geometry to the right hand section and arrange the boes of your object as you wish. Then down at the bottom click "Apply Sub-d" then "Create". 

This is a good tutorial for learning rigging in DS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNFHv8K8qKg&list=PLC7U7HD_5SkaPsJB-y20-LhIObgIZJuyz&index=5

Post edited by zombietaggerung on