Save/Compile Scene Assets

DekeDeke Posts: 1,625

I couldn't find a thread on this, other than one that recommends "Content Gatherer."  I have that stand alone app and have managed to open a .duf scene and have the gatherer make a list of all content in that scene. So far so good. But how do I compile all that content into one zipped file so that it can be moved from one computer to another?  I can't find a "compile" button.

Thanks.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,543

Install the content on both machines - if it is Daz store content then if you let Daz Studio connect to your account it will, for the majority of content, tell you what is missing and offer to install it.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625

I have dont that, but sometimes particular morphs or other changes don't translate. Isn't there a way to gather all assets and settings and save them witht he .duf file? I suppose the alternative is to use an external network so multiple computers can access the same content and files.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,926

What I do is I have my runtime installed on an external hard drive that I use to port between my computer and my laptop for when I'm working on the road. This, in my opinion, is the best way to handle the situation as all your files will be centrally located and easy to access from whichever machine I'm working on. Ideally, I'd like to set up some stationary unit with my runtime and working files so that I don't have to worry about something happening to my external drive, but that's down the road.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625

Sounds like a plan. I've bought so much stuff over the years that not all is installed on each machine I use. So moving one character from one machine to another is impossible as there are many morphs that come up missing. In some charcters, I'm using a legacy surfance on a newer Gen figure, and if that isn't understood by the other machine, the figure's skin comes out mis-placed.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,926

Yeah, I understand. That's why I put everything in a central location. (I also work with more than one runtime, which you can set up as Subdirectories inside DS). I've been trying to build a graphic novel for years now and if I didn't have things in a centralized location, I couldn't putter on that without having to rebuild characters and environments, or work on my latest sets for Daz, or work on personal art projects on both my machines. I have a little 1 terabyte external drive to port everything around on and I'm pretty happy with the arrangement.