PowerPose face on male vs female - Something missing?

Hello all - New Daz user here so pardon if this is covered somewhere - but I am unable to find it so I am resorting to asking all you experienced people for some help to point me in the right direction. 

I have some female figures and when i use the powerpose tool I can set typical expression like things like where to look, tilt of head and all. Very cool. On my female models usually I will around the lines have 4 lines of "blue dots" that let me control brows, eyes, opening and closing of eyes etc. 

On my male however.. these are not there. And I mean - no matter what model I load in. I got the latest Michael 8.1 where I assumed it should be there. So... 

Theory 1: 
I have at some point bought an addon for the female figures that gives me this option. But what is this option then called for the male models? What am I looking for? 

Theory 2: 
Somehow, Somehow - I have fiddeled with a setting somewhere on the figure that is "stuck" with the male figure files. I do assume the change is maybe related to a difference between 8.0 and 8.1 (?) - but i Swear - I got a Michael 8.1 standing right there - and no face powerpoint options to easy close his eyes (using this). 

how come? 
Cheers :)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,543

How did you install your content? Have you tried Genesis 8 as well as 8.1?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015
    edited May 2022

I have written this for getting G8 expressions working on G8.1, but later found out that this also effects the Power Pose templates - If one does not do this, there are fewer dots on the G8.1

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Note 1; If you are logging in to DS and letting DAZ Connect (within DS) to install/update your content, you may have these also in an other location that has "\Data\Cloud\" in it's path
    Note 2; Do not remove any files from "FACS" or "FACSExpressions" folders

Post edited by PerttiA on