Is there a way to export Carrara particle effects into Iclone?

rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I need to produce some special particle effects in Carrara (my choice) and use them in Iclone, if possible.

I have had this request on my ask list for some time, but I was waiting for the release of the 3DXchange 6.0.

The pipeline version I bought allows for import/export of OBJ, FBX, SKP and BVH files

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,087
    edited December 1969

can as video on a plane with alpha
    mesh it changes per frame so not exportable and metaball based stuff only works via render

• rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
    edited December 1969

Wendy,

Do you know where I can get additional information on this?

Also, i didn't think to ask.. but is there a better application for creating effects for Iclone?

I did have creative suite (after effects) for awhile, but the price got to expensive for me.

edited December 1969

well any effects can be rendered as an avi on a plane even Blender fluid sims so long as it always faces the camera
    is one of the simplest com-positing tricks
    software like Adobe aftereffects or Hitfilm another way

• rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
    edited May 2015

I own the hitfilm 2, but to be honest I've never used it. I bought the Sony Vegas 13 extras pack and HF2 came with it.

What you are indicating is to create the effects in Hitfilm render out as avi and place it as background or something like that into Iclone?

not using Carrara particle effects

Post edited by rampart_1576840087 on
    edited December 1969

well with Hitfilm you can postwork effects onto a rendered video itself , I just have express the free one from Facebook and can add rain, lightning and all sorts of things
    watch some of their tutes
    I meant using animated textures on plane props otherwise
    iClone particles themselves can do this, you can use avi textures and render out an opacity mask for the opacity channel, carrara can export a separate alpha mask with a render, use the two videos on the diffuse and opacity channels of an iClone particle to make flocks of birds, insects etc for example.

• aspinaspin Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Hitfilm is a nice effects Generator. You should Import iClone Videos into Hitfilm, not the other way.
    You could put into iClone a green plane to fake depth render passes to use greenscreen in Hitfilm.