hypothetically - ca native rigged figure, conforming clothes for it?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

so far, all the conforming clothes tutts i found are for genesis1/2 and involve using DS.

but if a figure is natively rigged in ca, is there a way to transfer the rigging to outfits?

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited December 1969

You can attach multiple meshes to the same skeleton rig.

Here is an example. The orchard worker was modeled and rigged in Carrara. To add the clothes, back in the t-pose, detach the mesh from the skeleton. The overalls and top were then modeled around the figure mesh. Then the figure and the outfits were attached to the same skeleton. You can do that as single mesh with both the figure and the clothes, or you can have separate meshes. You can take steps pre-attach to hide any likely poke through by deleting figure polygons or creating alpha material zones. You do have to do some weight-painting adjustments.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23635/#350414

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 1969

That is why I do that in Blender, much easier, rigging and weight mapping can be transferred automatically (with appropriate plugins installed), I do not model stuff for DAZ models though ...

DAZ models are "broken" into multiple "islands" for some reason, very confusing ... :lol:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i thought the daz figures were a single mesh?

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 1969

i thought the daz figures were a single mesh?

Nope.