DForce Simulation Question

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,388
edited April 2022 in New Users

I'm working with a G8F character wearing a G2F outfit and I'm experiencing excessive poke through in my renders. I know to expect that to some degree given the generational differences but this outfit actually holds up really well on 99% of my female characters. I checked to make sure I didn't have any body morphs that might be effecting the dForce process (body age, tone, fitness ect) and she's basically a G8F Basic Shape. The only thing that makes her body different from the other 100's of characters I have is HD Body Details. I don't think that should effect anything but she's seriously the only person that can't wear these clothes. Anyway...

When I apply the dForce to this clothing, I select " Add dForce Modifier: Dynamic Surface" but under that there is an option for "Add dForce Modifier: Dynamic Surface Add On." So I applied that thinking it might be a more stable way to drape the clothing. But all it does is spend 1:30 "Stabilizing" but the clothing doesn't drape or "simulate."

So I guess my question is, does anyone know what be making poke through such an issue and what does the "Add On" do? To me it's more of an "Add Off"

Thanks for any help!

(I think my fix might be to give the "Expand all" and "Thickness" dials a nudge after simulation. It doesn't solve the issue but it does reduce it. I am still curious about the questions above though. Especially about the Add On)

Post edited by DDCreate on

Comments

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Basically dForce should follow the morphs you applied. But sometime you'll have to add a soothing modifier, tweak the collision offset parameter in the surfaces tab or some other parameters...

About the "Add dForce Modifier: Dynamic Surface Add On" it's still a mystery for me.

I create dForce items (Hair) and sell them (not here, the other store but please don't tell it here) and never used the "Add dForce Modifier: Dynamic Surface Add On" feature..

So my question joins yours: What does the "Add dForce Modifier: Dynamic Surface Add On" ?

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,388

Thank you for those tips! I've never done anything with those so  I guess I have some experimenting to do! I appreciate the reminder on those