callie6

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

hello!!! I just buy "callie6", and usually, I install manually the runtime in the runtime of poser pro 2012... (because if I use the automatic installer, it use the ssd disk, and not the classic internal disk,, which has much more contenance)...
but withg that recent item , Callie 6, I don't recognize the different elements to install, in the classic runtime's areas (geometry, textures, and so on)... Thank you for your hints to install that character... I have C8,5 pro, and the genesis female Inside, so I hope it will be enough to "play" callie 6...!!!

Comments

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

I just try to import "callie 6" on V5 genesis, or on the female base genesis, but it doesn't work at all... is it a character impossible in Carrara ???

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Calle 6 is morph of Genesis 2 Female, and it wont work on Genesis (original).

You need to install Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials. Anything Generation 6 is base on Genesis 2, Generation 5 is for the base Genesis

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

thank you!!! it works!!

• LynZemLynZem Posts: 22
    edited May 2015

I also have callie - use her in Poser PRo 2014. Callie is NOT a 'skin', so I just add her directly to the scene like a new figure and she pops up fine. (Of course I also have V6, A6, and G2F base in my runtime ... but I don't reference them directly).

Be aware that I found her default MAT skin rendered far too dark in Poser, but the somewhat enigmatic "Fusion Skin Textures for Callie 6" render very well in Poser! I mean, by itself, the Callie 6 and Fusion promos look pretty close. I have found the G2F MATs in PP2014 are very hit-and-miss. Some look fine, others are a dozen shades too dark.

I attached a small render sample:
    - Upper Left = Callie 6 Promo
    - Lower Left = Fusion for Callie Promo
    - Upper Right = Callie 6 with stock MAT skin in PP2014 (looks like a Mumbai cutie! ;-))
    - Lower Right = Callie 6 with Fusion MAT skin in PP2014
    (She has 'mad elf' ears for G2F, and the jewelry is V4 props)

test.png
    400 x 399 - 241K
    Post edited by LynZem on
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

I was surprised how good this old Aiko 3 Outfit fit to Callie, just a little poke at the stockings and the heels of the shoes don't fit well, but all in all acceptable.

Aiko3goesCallie6.jpg
    618 x 875 - 592K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,135
    edited July 2015

Do you use a clone product to fit generation 3 clothing to G2F like Callie? Or do you do something else?

Edit: Note - I use a 2 step process. I have the clone product from generation 3 figures to Genesis. So I convert the cloth from gen3 to genesis, then genesis to G2F or G2M as appropriate

Post edited by Diomede on
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Yepp, I've wanted to test it out. So I first convert the clothes via EvilInnocence's Crossdresser from Victoria 3 to Victoria 4. the I use the Victoria 4 clothes and fit them via autofit to GF2.

If i could save this clothes now as clothes, fitted for GF2, then I would like know, if they will fit also on G3F.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,576
    edited December 1969

I was surprised how good this old Aiko 3 Outfit fit to Callie, just a little poke at the stockings and the heels of the shoes don't fit well, but all in all acceptable.

When I do conversions like this, I usually don't convert the stockings, underwear, etc. I just find something native to the target chatacter and re-texture that.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

Yepp, I've wanted to test it out. So I first convert the clothes via EvilInnocence's Crossdresser from Victoria 3 to Victoria 4. the I use the Victoria 4 clothes and fit them via autofit to GF2.

If i could save this clothes now as clothes, fitted for GF2, then I would like know, if they will fit also on G3F.

Yes, Save As > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset