Iray suddenly stops rendering

As the subject implies, everything is working fine, Iray works in the preview window, rendering is showing and image... Then it stops. Renders are all black and stop within seconds. Sometimes the renders are all transparent and stop within seconds. Iray in the preview window is attempting to load textures but never completes. It seems the only way to fix it is to close and re-open. Even then, it is good for a render attempt or two then stops rendering again.

What is going on? Is this fixable?

I appreciate your assistance!!

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,914

Sounds like you're exceeding your VRAM with CPU fallback disabled.

• I'm not sure how to verify this. However, for amplifying information, the character is nude with only a pose and hair, three lights, and backdrop set to black. Ordinarily, I have no problem rendering a scene with a complicated set and two characters who are fully clothed and posed.

Does rendering, stopping, and rendering again (multiple times) have a diminished effect on the RAM? Do I need to quit and re-open DS prior to each rendering attempt?

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270
    edited March 2022

Tips some use:

Save the scene to be rendered.

Close D/S.

Go to: C:\Users\......\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\dson\cache\data -- and empty that folder.

Open D/S, do not keep the viewport on the Iray render choice, load the scene, render it.

Yes, some people open/close the program for each render. Depends on the scene and the amount of RAM/VRAM the system has.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on