Modifying a wearable item - The Templar Helm

Morning all.  I've been using the geometry editor tool to customise the helm of Ansiko's excellent Templar Outfit for a project, adding some surfaces to it in order to apply different shaders and then renaming the item.  This is something I'm now very used to doing.  However, I've tried saving it as a prop, as an accessory and as a wearable: when I test out my changes, and reload the item in any one of these formats, it pops up in the scene, correctly relabelled - but with none of my new surfaces or, consequently, shaders saved. 

Weirdly, the resulting item seems be plain black and absorbs any light - until one applies a shader, that is.  

So far, the only thing that's worked at all is saving the 'helm workshop' as a scene.  It's been hours of painstaking work.  I've never run into this problem before, and I'd be grateful if anyone could point out what I'm missing.

Comments

• Anything that saves and reloads geoemtry should work - but bear in mind that there can be only one version of the underlying object in the scene if they ultimately point back to the same asset, so it may be ebst to use File>Save As>Support Assets>Figure/Prop Asset. The main drawback of an asset save is that you break the link to the original, but I would assume at this date there are unlikely to be any updates or morph expansions you would want to carry over.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

Save out your altered Helm as an OBJ.  Then import that OBJ as a prop, add the textures if necessary with the surfaces pane  and then save as a prop asset.

Now you should be able to parent the Helm prop to the Head of the figure and save as a wearable.

• A belated thank you to you both.  smiley