Rigging doesn't aline properly with blender morph

Hi, I'm new to blender and have been casually messing around with daz the last year, apologise if this is in the wrong place. I made a morph in blender from a gen8 female. Brought it back in and worked fine in rig realigning with a base gen8 female and all good. Though another gen8 female character I originally edited the form from before blender doesn't morph right using this new morph slider, when I go to realign the rigging to this particular character it turns into a mess of massive polygons. I feel I got very close, working with the standard gen8 female but a slightly edited version fails. What am I missing? Is there anyway to correct this? Thanks

Comments

• I'm not entirely following, but baking an existing morph into your own morph is not good practice - quite aside from the fact that you may not sell or share it you are goign to lose any links to joint adjustments or corrective morphs.

• Sorry if I wasn't clear. It's just for personal use regarding the practice. I mean I create my own character (call it 1) adjusting sliders and such. Then edited that character a little more before exporting to blender, sculpting it a bit making a character morph (2), importing it back to daz and when I go to align 1's rigging with 2's it goes nuts. YET when I just use a base gen8 female (the same base to make character 1) it works.
  • SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited March 2022

I am also not entilrely following, but it sounds like you need to use Reverse Deformations in the morph loader when importing your morph.  Without that whatever shape you're dial spinning in DAZ and then exporting to Blender is getting doubled up if that makes sense.  That's got nothing to do with rigging though, which is why I'm not quite following.  Maybe a screenshot in smooth shaded mode would help us understand what you mean exactly?

Post edited by Spacious on
  • Yea I've done that, though thanks for the suggestion. I've found another oddity, the morph works fine when character 1 is on its own (not in the scene I want). Is it possible any changes to a new gen8 female character will act as an entirely new body for the bones of the morph? If so is it best to make a seperate morph for each character even if it's the same gen8 female? Sorry about the lack of photos will post when I'm back at my laptop.
  • Are you using ERC Freeze twice in a row for the same controller? It sounds as if you migth be, and that is a recipe for disaster (certainly for duplicate formular errors). You need to find the link in the Proerpty hierarchy, right-click on it, and select ERC Bake, then make any needed adjustments, and then do a fresh ERC Freeze.

• Awesome thanks for the info. Will give that a shot.