Installing DS4.20x beta along with DS4.15.02GR?

GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,110
edited March 2022 in New Users

The Short Version:
I manually installed DS 4.15.02GR from the ZIP file (DIM did not recognize it, but did install the Resources and Scene Builder) and have it working.
I would like to install the latest beta of DS4.20x so that I can have versions both pre- and post- recent IRAY changes.  DIM only gives me the option (as far as I can tell) to install 4.20GR.  Several folks in the forums apparently have both installed.  How can I install the 4.20 beta?  Thanks in advance!

The Long Version (Caution! May trigger Narcolepsy in susceptible individuals):
Greymom/Mike Myers from the Land of Free Sauna (Baton Rouge, LA)

After a hiatus of many years (I started out as a Poser user), during which I have mainly bought DAZ stuff to use later and lurked in the forums, I finally have some time (I think) to actually learn Daz Studio and utilize some of the absurd amount of DAZ stuff I have acquired.  I installed DS 4.12.086 in a machine with non-RTX GPUs a while back, but had to put that aside when COVID hit.

I have finally managed to get a RTX GPU, and installed that in a separate machine.  Based on what I have been reading in the forums, it looked to me like the best combination right now would be to have both 4.15.02 (since I had saved the ZIP file) to use the older version of IRAY before the recent changes, and the newest beta to learn the new features and lighting fixes.  The machine with 4.12.086 will let me use older add-ons and utilities.

Thanks!

Post edited by Greymom on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406

You probably need to change the filters in DIM preferences to tell it to include "public builds" in the "ready to download" products.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,110

Leana said:

You probably need to change the filters in DIM preferences to tell it to include "public builds" in the "ready to download" products.

Many thanks - that did the trick!