What the heck are clones, where do I get them, and how do I use them?

HonzoHonzo Posts: 193

I see these mentioned, as a tool for fitting clothes from one figure to another, but I can't find any in the store, and I'm not sure what I'm really looking for. I'm particularly interested in V4->V8 or G8F transfers, but can't figure out how to go about it.

Comments

• You already have the clones you need for that - they are what enables AutoFit, and you can AutoFit Victoria 4 stuff to Genesis (load the Victoria 4 iem, fit it to Genesis, and set Victoria 4 as the original figure) and then AutofIt the Genesis version to Genesis 8 Female (fit the covnerted item to Genesis 8 Female instead of Genessi and select Genesis as the original figure). Searching the store for autofit wil find most of the add-ons, which handle transitions not suported by the base content or aim to work better than the defaults.

• HonzoHonzo Posts: 193

Oh, cool. So, it's a two stage process? V4->G, then G-G8?  Does this give me a permanent G8 item, or do I have to do it each time I use the item?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406

If you want to do it for free, then yes, you need to do it in 2 steps. There are products available in the store to do it in one step.

Once you've done the conversion you can save the converted clothing as a new figure asset and you'll have a G8 version in your library.

Ah, thank you.  Only problem is now V4.2 has disappeared from my figures smart content window, and won't load from the products menu... aargh.

Grr.. I reinstalled V4.2 base. Now it shows up in the figure window, but smart content doesn't recognize that it has any hair or wardrobe associated with it. Seems like the DAZ business model is give away the basic program and then extract big bucks by making all the things that make it really work separate purchases. I don't mind about content costing money, but the fact that DAZ itself could one-shot the compatibility issues but doesn't, annoys me. I'm beginning to think I just can't afford to use Daz.

• You can load the Victoria 4 content through the Content Library, you don't have to use Smart Content - just remember that it will appear under Poser Formats, not Daz Studio Formats.