DForce Blum for V8F

HonzoHonzo Posts: 193

I bought it, and it is 'installed,' but I have to look it up by name in the Products folder, it won't show up in Smart content or anywhere else that I can find.  I get that this goes on with V4 figures, but surely a product for G8F should install properly through Daz Central? That's the only reason I paid as much as I did for it.  Is there some kind of simple fix for this, or do I have to go through the whole metadata procedure that I would with V4?

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,127

This one?

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-blum-for-genesis-8-females

I don't have that one, so can't check to see if the metadata is working or not.

It doesn't say anything about V4.So should be made for your G8/G8.1 characters.

Won't show in Smart Content if  you have anything other than a G8/G8.1 character selected in the Scene.

The file list shows it has a dsx file

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/55249/file_list

So you should be able to select the character in the Scene tab and then on the Smart Content pane scroll down to wardrobe.Select that and it should show up in there.

You can also type the name in the top search box above the Smart Content area and that should filter everything except it so it's the only thing that shows.

If it's not showing up there, then there is a problem with the metadata and you should put in a ticket.

---

If you don't want to wait for a ticket.You can fix it yourself in about 30 seconds.

I'll use a product that came from a different store that has no metadata at all for my example.

Load a G8F and select it in the Scene pane.

Have the Smart Content Pane open on one side of your workspace and the Content Library open on the other side.

You need both open at the same time.

Drag and drop the outfit pieces from the Content Library to the Smart Content category you want it to show up in.

Just hover the mouse over the entries to get them to expand open for you so you can select the one you want.

A popup will ask you if the content type and compatibility base are correct.

Don't change anything just click Accept.

Done.

Right click the Smart Content panne tab and select "Content DB maintenance"

Check the box for "Export User Data"

Now you got your custom database saved.

Yes you can do this for any product.

Don't forget to export your user data to save your database work.

addtodatabase.jpg
    2560 x 1040 - 313K
    exportuserdata.jpg
    2556 x 1040 - 244K
  • HonzoHonzo Posts: 193

Thank you, that's really helpful.

Above, I didn't mean that V4 had anything to do with the situation, Blum states it is for G8F, and that's the figure I wanted to put it on, but selecting that figure doesn't show the outfit in the wardrobe panel. I'll give your process a shot in the morning, thanks.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,914

I generally leave "filter by context" off, unless I'm dealing with something non-human. Not only does "filter by context" not reliably show all your available content, it also lets me see things that might work for my current needs but aren't for the figure I'm using.

• HonzoHonzo Posts: 193

At this point I like smart content because A) I'm not up to speed on adapting things for different figures, and B) I can't remember the names of all the products, so finding them is a real chore.  It would help if smart content worked a little better, though.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,914

I'm certainly not suggesting you stop using Smart Content; I use it myself. Just uncheck "filter by context" at the bottom.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,347

I suggest (temporarily till you have it loaded) use the Products (not the Files) section of Smart Content, uncheck "filter by context" and put in the top filter box "Blum" and see if the product turns up then.