V4.2 problems

HonzoHonzo Posts: 193

I purchased some outfits for V4, but I have V4.2.  I expected them to fit, but they don't. Did I get the wrong stuff? Is the V4.2 figure a different shape than the original V4?

Comments

• Honzo said:

I purchased some outfits for V4, but I have V4.2.  I expected them to fit, but they don't. Did I get the wrong stuff? Is the V4.2 figure a different shape than the original V4?

Technically they should fit BUT note that legacy items do not tend to play as well on the figures as do those on the Genesis' clans. You could try auto-fitting the V4 outfits to fit on Genesis [as in the 1st Genesis] because it came with an autofit clone for V4 and M4. Might be a good idea to dial in the basic female shape first.

• Items for Victoria 4.1 will work on 4.2 - the differences were not, as I rcall, major. Even Victoria 4 items should work.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    edited March 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Items for Victoria 4.1 will work on 4.2 - the differences were not, as I rcall, major. Even Victoria 4 items should work.

IIRC the main difference between V4.0 and 4.1 was that V4.0 had all morphs preloaded in the cr2, like V2 or A3, while V4.1 used INJ/REM morphs like V3. The eyebrows bodypart might have been added with 4.1 too, I don't remember if it was 4.1 or 4.2.

The main differences between V4.1 and 4.2 were the switch to Exp system for morphs, and the addition of the male morph.

Post edited by Leana on
  • HonzoHonzo Posts: 193

One of the outfits has gloves, which barely touch the hands when applied, and are moved completely away with autofit to V4.  Was there a change in t-pose between V4 and V4.2?

Richard Haseltine said:

Items for Victoria 4.1 will work on 4.2 - the differences were not, as I rcall, major. Even Victoria 4 items should work.

Yeah, but they don't.

• Leana said:

Richard Haseltine said:

IIRC the main difference between V4.0 and 4.1 was that V4.0 had all morphs preloaded in the cr2, like V2 or A3, while V4.1 used INJ/REM morphs like V3. The eyebrows bodypart might have been added with 4.1 too, I don't remember if it was 4.1 or 4.2.

The main differences between V4.1 and 4.2 were the switch to Exp system for morphs, and the addition of the male morph.

I can't recall whether ExP was 4.1 or 4.2 - I thought 4.2 was more a service pack than a major overhaul. The eyebrow bone was certainly 4.1.

• Which outfit? Is the figure morphed (right-click>Transfer Active Miorphs)?

Well, now in smart content, V4 and M4 both show up as warning icons, and clicking on them loads an information window but not the figure. Yeesh. How can I make them behave like regular figures in the menu?

edited March 2022

Okay, this morning the M4 warning icon does show a picture of M4 when I click on it, and that loads the M4 figure. No go for V4.2, though.  With M4 open, I tried to add morphs from The Freak 4, but nothing changes the M4 figure except the skin materials. I notice there's a Genitals texture that put pubic hair on the figure- but where do I find the genitals themselves?

The Freak, btw, does not show in the smart content window when M4 is selected, nor does anything associated with the Freak.

Post edited by Honzo on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Honzo said:

Well, now in smart content, V4 and M4 both show up as warning icons, and clicking on them loads an information window but not the figure. Yeesh. How can I make them behave like regular figures in the menu?

Because they are old figures with Poser product structure.

Victoria 4.2 was released in 2006 and Michael 4 was released in 2008. The first references to "Smart Content" can be found on DS 4.8.0.59 change log, and that was in 2015

Those figures are meant to be loaded from "Poser Formats" in your Content Library under [name of your product library]\Figures\

• Be sure to also install the IM00004783-03_Victoria42BasePwrLoader.zip and IM00007877-03_Michael4BasePwrLoader.zip files.

Put check marks in all the boxes to have 'all' the available morphs loaded into the figure(s).

Catherine3678ab said:

Be sure to also install the IM00004783-03_Victoria42BasePwrLoader.zip and IM00007877-03_Michael4BasePwrLoader.zip files.

Put check marks in all the boxes to have 'all' the available morphs loaded into the figure(s).

Where can I find those zips? They don't seem to be in the store. Are they somewhere in the V4.2 package?

• Honzo said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Be sure to also install the IM00004783-03_Victoria42BasePwrLoader.zip and IM00007877-03_Michael4BasePwrLoader.zip files.

Where can I find those zips? They don't seem to be in the store. Are they somewhere in the V4.2 package?

There are in your Product Library in your Account - same location as the base zip folders.

Thanks!