G8 Expressions not applying & HD vs non HD sliders

Hi all

I'm still puzzling my way around Daz, so sorry if this is a very noob question.

Two questions really.

First I downloaded some free expressions from renderosity. They will apply to the base G8 figure, but not to a G8 character (also downloaded). When applying to a base G8 I get a question asking if I want to remove limits and I need to say yes. But this does not pop up when trying to apply to a character.

Second question, I bought the "Genesis 8 Female Expressions" pack from Daz studio and installed it. On a base G8 figure the sliders are all named HD, so Bored HD, Fear HD etc. But on the character I used above all the sliders seem to be there but not called HD, just Bored, Fear. Why am I seeing a difference? These sliders do work on the character, justy not the downloaded expressions.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,000
    Are you sure the downloaded character is for Genesis 8 and not Genesis 8.1? Or for Genesis 3 or some other version? Please be specific about what character you are using. What is the name and where did you download it from? A link would be helpful.
  • Hi

Thanks for that. You are right, the character is based on G8.1, but is installed in a G8 path. That will teach me not to trust other peoples install pathes!

I tested a G8.1 expression and it works fine.

Is there a way to see the base model of a character within Daz other than looking at what version of eyelashes they have?

Thanks again!

Rich

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,000

There my be easier ways, but this is one way I know for a character that is already loaded in the scene:

• Open the Scene pane
    • Select the character in the Scene pane.
    • Click on the Scene pane context menu ("hamburger" menu) icon
    • Select Edit then Scene Identification.
    • A dialog will pop up telling you information about the selected scene item. You don't want to CHANGE anything in the dialog, just LOOK at it then Cancel.

I attached some screenshots. I have a custom layout, so your layout will not match exactly.

Screenshot 2022-03-03 093052.jpg
    425 x 555 - 39K
    Screenshot 2022-03-03 092227.jpg
    850 x 263 - 51K
  • Perfect!

Many thanks. I'll try to re-organise my install paths tonight or I can see this happening again!