OT - 'cause some of us need a little break

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,554

Snake walk - learn something new everyday

Muddy Dog - OMG lol ya would not want him in the house without a bath lol

Hmm did not know cops did that, never heard of it before.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,265

This is cool, how they get the foam packing into boxes!

https://youtube.com/shorts/oMOitKd1n98?si=vdtZHCnsbQqEga75

I never knew they has a spray foam like that for packing things, certainly would be great for securing breakables.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455

Faeryl Womyn said:

I never knew they has a spray foam like that for packing things, certainly would be great for securing breakables.

Amazon's got you covered.  It's been around long enough that they've specialized for the people who want to ship PCs with handly packets that are no mess, no fuss.  Bing-batta-bing, and Bob's your uncle.yes   Yeah, they're expensive, but anyone wanting to actually ship a fragile PC at retail shipping prices should wait until the "want" is an absolute "need" anyway. ($$$) surprise

Cute cat knows how to work the water dispenser :-)

https://youtube.com/shorts/1PP5t6VoV9E?si=LVDwEAywPEykF92_

Well, this one is not funny, this one is news. Presented here just in case anybody is wondering why they haven't heard from some folk, received some mail or parcels, or indeed even have noticed a drop in online sales.

Thousands are without power, in a major heatwave. They are also wet.

Ah yes, and apparently 9 million is set to pay for new infrastructure to reduce this from happening again.

Amusing moments can happen even with floods:

https://youtube.com/shorts/5We83B_iZAw?si=aJfrN8fUKbD75Qnh

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited July 19

Ah, yes, inches of water on the floor.no  It's happened to me twice.  About a half century ago when I had a small duplex apartment on the beach in Florida.  I'd just moved in and was setting up my waterbed.  I put the hose in and went into the other half of the duplex to visit my friend who lived there.  I returned an hour or so later to an inch of water throughout the ground level single floor apartment.frown  The hose had fallen out long before the bed was full.  I still had many many cardboard boxes of stuff sitting on the floor.crying

The other time was 2004, I was house-sitting my aunt's home in Melbourne, Florida while she scurried off to the other side of the state to avoid the hurricanes of that year (Charlie, Francis, Jeane, and Ivan(twice!)).  I had a room in the basement.  During Francis, the storm raged all night and when I got out of bed, I stepped into an inch of water.frown  That was the same year (different hurricane) that a tree fell on the house and drowned the pooltable.no

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited July 19

LeatherGryphon said:

Ah, yes, inches of water on the floor.no  It's happened to me twice.  About a half century ago when I had a small duplex apartment on the beach in Florida.  I'd just moved in and was setting up my waterbed.  I put the hose in and went into the other half of the duplex to visit my friend who lived there.  I returned an hour or so later to an inch of water throughout the ground level single floor apartment.frown  The hose had fallen out long before the bed was full.  I still had many many cardboard boxes of stuff sitting on the floor.crying

The other time was 2004, I was house-sitting my aunt's home in Melbourne, Florida while she scurried off to the other side of the state to avoid the hurricanes of that year (Charlie, Francis, Jeane, and Ivan(twice!)).  I had a room in the basement.  During Francis, the storm raged all night and when I got out of bed, I stepped into an inch of water.frown  That was the same year (different hurricane) that a tree fell on the house and drowned the pooltable.no

"drowned the pooltable" ... not two words one expects in the same sentence :-(  

So far in this highrise, the only floods we've been through involved broken pipes.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,530
    edited July 19
    We live on the inside of a bend in the road. Since the house was built in 1896 the road has been built up by a foot and the camber increased. Net result is that if the road drain is overwhelmed by road surface run-off, the water can come over the pavement (sidewalk), and that is floor level inside the house. So, we've arranged for our garage to flood and absorb some water, and have permanent flood boards fitted so that the flood goes over the road camber and fills up the large front gardens opposite before having a chance to flood our house. Only once has it nearly filled those gardens in 19 years. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on

A CHOCOLATE WATERFALL!!!! [okay, it's not real chocolate]

https://youtube.com/shorts/k6ZWZcHOwrQ?si=K2MKb42G5Kf8qtxp

LOL would be heaven if it was chocolate.

When you're white and your friend likes to bury you with dirt:

https://youtube.com/shorts/G5SfPFAsvZI?si=4z-sPUAeHcnb9cSJ

LOL kinda reminds me of a meme someone post...wet white dog and fresh cut grass, that will not blend well ... lol

Maybe like this 'white' dog ;-)

edited July 23

LOL good one but I think this pic says way more lol

image_2024-07-23_172518488.png
    552 x 561 - 408K
    Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on

Agreed :-)

Here's a great looking bear deterrent for those in cottage country or wherever they're having bear problems.

An electric mat!

https://youtube.com/shorts/Pqc4_4uc2Lo?si=RKldXzYGujJnE9et

Genius pup here ... how to win a race lol ...

https://youtube.com/shorts/KIJe9pt4Dyk?si=nVg3yYGxSEOPRzyn

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited July 24

I am taking break from work this week.  I need it. the last few months have been brutal, The obsessive heat, The massive work order load and tons of new aircraft & flight laws that took effect July 1st. Oh Boy..HaHa Its somethings I never imagined when i got my drones to fly for fun.. 3D is so much more easier.

I got my sUAV Part107-p61 pilot license a while back to fly drones legally for fun and to get out and meet people and maybe go out and travel and get some pictures ... so I took a few classes and got my part107 sUAV pilot license

Well. Heck!. Be careful for what you wish for.  Because of the extreme high demand for commercial p61 part107 drone operators like I am.  That once i was registered with the FAA as a p107 license holder the work offers came pouring in.   I am now so darn busy I haven't had much time for 3D or anything else.  But work & traveling for work.  So now the fun of flying drone has become like any other job only with more bureaucrat red tape, equipment complication and Commercial regulations to follow that differ from state by state. or get hit with hefty fines or worst. I actually have had to retain a business attorney to help me with all the regulations i have to follow. and a personal liability flight insurance. Its somethings I never imagined when i got my drones. 3D is so much more easier.

Though the benefits do out weight the frustrations with very higher than normal pay scale and huge bonus incentives to complete flight missions on time and having the ability to pick and choose which work missions i want to take on, some jobs only take a few days and one for TVA took 6 weeks, The 4th of July I flew operation support for the Johnson county police dispatch.   I'm to old for this work.. I REALLY need a break.

But here are a few pictures you all might enjoy from my travels

My public flight data

Drone safety Badge

appalachian trail Southwest virginia

car show knoxville, tn 2024

Gatlinburg tn white mountains park

lumber  yard  expansion project

Silverlake farms TN

appalachian trail Southwest virginia.jpg
    5280 x 2970 - 1M
    car show knoxville, tn 2024.jpg
    5280 x 2970 - 3M
    Gatlinburg tn white mountains park.jpg
    5280 x 2970 - 4M
    lumber yard expansion project.jpg
    5280 x 2970 - 5M
    Silverlake farms TN.jpg
    5280 x 2970 - 3M
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited July 24

Thank you for sharing Ivy :-) My fav are the scenic countryside wilderness areas, peaceful.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
    edited July 25

Ivy said:

Are we allowed to use these images in renders, even commercial one's.  And beautiful pictures by the way.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
    edited July 25

Faeryl Womyn said:

Ivy said:

Are we allowed to use these images in renders, even commercial one's.  And beautiful pictures by the way.

Please do use them . Ive been meaning to upload a bunch of them to sharecg. I have a lot of HDR and 360 images as well

Post edited by Ivy on

Catherine3678ab said:

Thank you for sharing Ivy :-) My fav are the scenic countryside wilderness areas, peaceful.

:D  Isn't Taika Waititi too funny ... I Love It :)

Thanks for the useage information, will wait for the sharecg post since I take a snap shot of the page with all info for credit and useage.

edited July 26

Faeryl Womyn said:

Thanks for the useage information, will wait for the sharecg post since I take a snap shot of the page with all info for credit and useage.

I uploaded one set to sharecg., It apears sharecg doesn't offer zip uploads for raw photography that contain the 5200 x 2900 images anymore you will hve to down them one at a time I'll truy uploading the rest of these picture set to rendo and offer them as a freebie there.

https://sharecg.com/v/101292/browse/17/Photography/Shady-Valley-Tn-06-24

Post edited by Ivy on

Faeryl Womyn said:

Yall will find them at rendo in the freebie section

Thank you very much, it's very appreciated.

This is too funny, squirrel fakes its own death and sets the crime scene even!

https://youtube.com/shorts/QSTmtOqWcEI?si=g0g9hIJH1AMpHB9o