Using G8M and G8M body morphs can you create this body type?

@RawArt  made this AWESOME model Tricer which feels very nostalgic of the Triceratons from the T.M.N.T. and I plan on getting this in the future. That said I'd like to know is it possible using the G8M basic model in conjunction with the G8M body Morphs enough to recreate that BODY TYPE minus the attachments ie no tail horns etc? I'm not sure what that Body type falls under...Husky? If possible can you please list the proportions here? I've tried to dabble but have end up with a fat model baring a six pack at worst. I am Not sure how to tone down the muscles on the abs without weakling the overall appearance of the character. If the G8M body Morphs are not enough which morphs and/or character Combination sliders do you recommend to accomplish this look ? Any suggestions with examples would be welcome.

Thank you

Jacob

Comments

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 850
    edited February 2022

I've spent several hours tinkering with this off and on today.

I'm not sure if the G8M Body Morphs are going to get the body type you're looking for without making the abs prominent.

I did try using Maxx (reguires The Brute) as a starting point along with the G8M Body Morphs.  My results were not as bulked up as what you're looking for.

Perhaps starting with RawArt's Geirrod (and maybe some dialed in Maxx for his smooth abs) might give something closer to Tricera's physique.

Let's hope someone more talented jumps in with a great solution for you, Jacob.

Lee

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • CheetahkaCheetahka Posts: 168
    edited February 2022

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

I've spent several hours tinkering with this off and on today.

I'm not sure if the G8M Body Morphs are going to get the body type you're looking for without making the abs prominent.

I did try using Maxx (reguires The Brute) as a starting point along with the G8M Body Morphs.  My results were not as bulked up as what you're looking for.

Perhaps starting with RawArt's Geirrod (and maybe some dialed in Maxx for his smooth abs) might give something closer to Tricera's physique.

Let's hope someone more talented jumps in with a great solution for you, Jacob.

Lee

Wow Thanks for the attempt. I do not have the Geirrod model but I do have the Maxx/Brute combo. Yeah it's a tricky puzzle to tinker. I really like that Bulked up but not ripped/cut/toned and yet the character has this heavy set to him that does not come off as fat. I am also not sure what they call it when the forearms and calves are just as thick as the rest of the limb, hammed?

Sincerely,

Jacob

Post edited by Cheetahka on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,911
    edited February 2022

Just so you know, RawArt characters usually don't have their head and body morph separate. So if you get this figure in the future you won't be able to dial in the body without also dialling in the head.

Anyway, perhaps Maxx without his HD? https://www.daz3d.com/maxx-hd-mega-pack-for-the-brute-8

ETA: LOL, I should read the previous answers more carefully before answering myself. Oh well.laugh

Post edited by Hylas on
  • leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 850
    edited March 2022

More tinkering with making a smooth(er) bellied muscular figure.

As alluded to yesterday, I used RawArt's Geirrod @ 25%, Maxx @ 35%, Musculature HD Morphs for Genesis 8 Male mostly set at 20% (except for the torso muscle morphs - I set those @ 0% to smooth the belly/midsection), and the Genesis 8 Male Morphs (mostly to adjust height, neck length, additional stomach softening/size.). I used Geirrod to blend in with Maxx and the other morph sets in order to give the figure some of that RawArt magic.

There's still some mild abdominal detail peeking out and I gave him a little bit of a belly.  It's a look I'm fond of.

Here's the result of my dial spinning (rendered at Subdivision Level 3.)  Kind of/sort of close to what you're looking for, Jacob?  I might be going in the wrong direction, but I've enjoyed spending a little time on this.

Lee

Click to get higher resolution version.

G81M-MaxxGeirrodMusculatureMix-Swimwear-MultiView-1.jpg
    3850 x 1251 - 2M
    Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
    edited March 2022

Hylas said:

Just so you know, RawArt characters usually don't have their head and body morph separate. So if you get this figure in the future you won't be able to dial in the body without also dialling in the head.

Never considered that interesting factoid now that I think about it. But I have been playing with Shape Splitter lately and If I ever figure how to use it properly maybe I can use it as a body morph. It is a pretty spiffy app/script with a lot of potential!

Anyway, perhaps Maxx without his HD? https://www.daz3d.com/maxx-hd-mega-pack-for-the-brute-8

ETA: LOL, I should read the previous answers more carefully before answering myself. Oh well.laugh

I love the model and never considered him w/o the HD. I will give him a second look usually tweak him with something/someone else as his look usually feels to "bulky" to me. Sort of like a younger, smoother/softer version of SWOL.

I have no idea what ETA means but funny none the less hee.

I really appreciate your contribution to the forum post regardless as it gives everybody who looks even more ideas Thank you!

Sincerely,

Jacob

edited March 2022

Hylas said:

Never considered that interesting factoid now that I think about it. But I have been playing with Shape Splitter lately and If I ever figure how to use it properly maybe I can use it as a body morph. It is a pretty spiffy app/script with a lot of potential!

I have no idea what ETA means but funny none the less hee.

I really appreciate your contribution to the forum post. Both you and Lee are really close to that body type and it gives everybody who looks even more ideas Thank you!

Sincerely,

Jacob

edited March 2022

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

More tinkering with making a smooth(er) bellied muscular figure.

As alluded to yesterday, I used RawArt's Geirrod @ 25%, Maxx @ 35%, Musculature HD Morphs for Genesis 8 Male mostly set at 20% (except for the torso muscle morphs - I set those @ 0% to smooth the belly/midsection), and the Genesis 8 Male Morphs (mostly to adjust height, neck length, additional stomach softening/size.). I used Geirrod to blend in with Maxx and the other morph sets in order to give the figure some of that RawArt magic.

As I do not currently have Geirrod I will try using a different base which will let me follow your guidelines with the Musculature HD Morphs Bundle for Genesis 8 that I have so I can try and follow along to see if get similar results.

There's still some mild abdominal detail peeking out and I gave him a little bit of a belly.  It's a look I'm fond of.

Here's the result of my dial spinning (rendered at Subdivision Level 3.)  Kind of/sort of close to what you're looking for, Jacob?  I might be going in the wrong direction, but I've enjoyed spending a little time on this.

I have no idea what rendering at subdiv lv 3 means. If you care to explain that would be wonderful. And yes This figure is extreamly close to the figure type I was striving to achieve, I just need to try a different model. I love to kit bash too!  You should check out my work in my Daz gallery my last couple of posts have been my best works to date and I am really proud of them. Cheetahka's Gallery

Thank you once again Lee for all your hard work and dedication!

Sincerely,

Jacob!

• I swapped Geirrod out and am currently playing with RawArt's Biggun figure.  I haven't tuned the physique yet, but the inital results are looking good.  It's a bit beefier, but still a little too defined in the midsection.  Perhaps playing with Musculature and G8M Body Morph dials can get me closer.  I'm sure other characters will work as well.

Don't be afraid of turning off the limits on some dials.  I've done that to apply negative values in some dials that don't normally allow it.

Subdivision level 3 is a moderately high mesh resolution.  Using a lower subdivision level (1 or 2) will make the mesh more "low resolution" and can smooth out the details, which is helpful for the abs. You control the subdivision level in the character's parameter dials.  There are 2 dials: SubDivision Level (you can see the changes in the preview window) and Render SubD Level (this sets subdivision for the actual render.). I always set these to the same value -- usually 3 for my workflow.  Sometimes I set them to 2 or 1 if I want to smooth out some fine details since it makes the mesh more low resolution.

Yes, I rarely use a character as-is.  I like to customize my figures by blending various products together. :)

Definitely let us know how your attempts go.  I'd love to see what you come up with!

And thank you for giving us an opportunity to try to recreate that physique.  It's a fun challenge! :)

Lee

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

I swapped Geirrod out and am currently playing with RawArt's Biggun figure.  I haven't tuned the physique yet, but the inital results are looking good.  It's a bit beefier, but still a little too defined in the midsection.  Perhaps playing with Musculature and G8M Body Morph dials can get me closer.  I'm sure other characters will work as well.

Yes, I rarely use a character as-is.  I like to customize my figures by blending various products together. :)

Definitely let us know how your attempts go.  I'd love to see what you come up with!

This is one of my first attempts I used Underbelly 8 as the base and mixed it with Maxx HD Mega Pack for the Brute 8

Underbelly: 100%

Maxx Body: 50% 

I tried fiddling with the sliders to thicken the calves and forearms but I have not found any satisfactory combinations to "ham" up or thicken the limbs as in the Tricera model. I know I have some sliders to make feet and hands bigger. I believe I have some sliders for creature makers types of G7 that do that to a degree but not for G8.

I will try to post some other attempts if time allows.

Sincerely,

Jacob

HuskyTest1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 617K