Problems with smart content tab

HonzoHonzo Posts: 193

The smart content tab is NOT listing all products that say they are designed for a given figure, and sometimes offering products that DON'T say they are designed for a figure. For instance, I purchased Blum outfit, and it is installed- I can find it in the library- but it doesn't show up in the smart content window for G8F.  Neither does the Universal Dress for G8F, and about a dozen other items.

How can I fix this? The asset library is very unwieldy to use- is there a way to make smart content recognize items that belong in it?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

If you can find it in the library, then don't use smart content, I never do. You can load everything from the content library if you need. In my understanding the main reason content doesn't show in smart content is down to the metadata missing or being corrupted

• HonzoHonzo Posts: 193

All this stuff is new, so I suppose the meta data must be missing. The nice thing about smart content, when it works, is I don't have to remember everything I own and who it fits.

• My take: learn how this stuff works because you can fully customize and set up everything. You're right: smart contents does make using DS a lot easier, and the best part is that you can easily add 3rd party contents yourself.

Thing to realize / know: it's all about the metadata. In specific you need to provide a file with a category as well as an item type to make it 'work'. Next there's also the compatibility base which associates items (think about hair or props + their material, stuff like that).

So, what to do...  find the Blum outfit in your content library (pane). Does it have a type indicator in the upper right corner indicating what it is?  Right click on it, use "categorize" to see where it should be located in the smart contents hierarchy.

You can also right click on the folder it's in (when using the content library pane of course) and use the option "Edit metadata...", this gives you access to look into and/or change the meta data that's added to certain files. 

Thanks, I'll try that.

• Check my signature for a metadata tutorial to add your own items to the Smart Content window. You will need to find it in your Content Library first, but at least you'll be able to speed things up in future. It covers not only how to add items to default categories, but also how to create your own and associate different outfits with different figures (if needed). I would advise against doing this for Daz Connect content unless it genuinely doesn't appear anywhere in the Smart Content though -- they should already have their own metadata.

Also keep in mind that because the Smart Content window is context sensitive, if you have something selected in the viewport, you're likely to only see items which are related to the selection. For example, selecting Genesis Female 8.1 offers wardrobe items and poses for that figure. Clear your selection to make sure you haven't just overlooked it.

Thank you, I'll check out your tutorial. 

I think quite a bit of the trouble I've been having comes from G2F characters. The characters appear in the scene window as G2F, but some of the clothing for G2F really doesn't fit them- it's still sized for generic G2F. Is there a way to rescale things in DAZ? Or make other adjustments that don't have morph targets or sliders?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Honzo said:

Thank you, I'll check out your tutorial. 

I think quite a bit of the trouble I've been having comes from G2F characters. The characters appear in the scene window as G2F, but some of the clothing for G2F really doesn't fit them- it's still sized for generic G2F. Is there a way to rescale things in DAZ? Or make other adjustments that don't have morph targets or sliders?

Which clothing items don't fit? Give us an example. 

The worst example is something called 'dress'. Helpful, huh?  It's a little black cocktail dress. Another is the jumper dress from Teen Jacee 6, but since I don't have Teen Josie 6, that might be the problem. There's another but I can't remember the name at the moment.

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

If you right click on an item in the smart contents pane you can use the option "Show asset in..." allowing you to check out the mapped folder (so: the physical location your file is in) or check out the product overview. Use the last option and it'll show the product the item is part off. Then just share the product name, this will make it easier for viewers to find what you're talking about.