How do you cut from a long shot to a close up shot using 2 cameras on the timeline or animate 2

Can anyone help me please

How do you do a stright cut from a long shot to a close up shot without zooming in using 2 cameras 1 showing a close up & 1 set for a long shot  on the timeline or in animate 2

Would really appreciate any help to show me how it is done thankyou

Regards Geoff

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,915

mCasual has a script called CamSeq that appears to do what you want it to. Otherwise, I don't think there's a way to do it other than rendering the frames you need with the first camera, then the frames you need with the second camera.

• Hello Gordig

Thankyou for your reply and the link to CamSeq i will take a look , and thankyou for pointing out about me rendering the frames from each camera seperatly ,  i thought that may be the only way but decided to post this incase i was overlooking something

that would be less time consuming, i have looked all over for tutorials but found nothing that shows how it could be done

Thanks again 

Geoff

• Animations are usually rendered as image sequences, and being able to change the camera used is oen of the many reasons.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Richard & Cridgit

Thankyou for your replies both are very helpful to me to try and learn this software as i am just a beginner and trying to learn it

Regards Geoff

• Cridgit

Your reply is way beyond my knoledge of doing it the way you explain , thankyou though , i realise there is probably not a easy way of doing it now

Geoff

edited May 2022

Redacted

• Cridgit 

Thankyou so much for explaining it in the way you have, i think i know what you mean and will give it a go tomorrow and hopefully i will do it correctly and it will work, really appreciate the help, i will post on here after iv'e tried what you have explained to me, and let you know

how i got on

Thankyou again

Regards Geoff

• Hi Cridgit

I have managed to do it with your help here, thankyou so much really appreciate it , i would not of worked that out on my own

Take care

Geoff

edited May 2022

Redacted

• Thankyou again