Where are my Key- and Graphmate?

jaxtonejaxtone Posts: 73
edited April 2015 in New Users

I swapped a system disk and had to re-install all software.

Every other program worked ok but the Keymate and Graphmate for DAZ just don´t show up in the Windows Pane in DAZ. They actually do not show up anywhere in DAZ, not even if I search in the content library!

I tried to un-install them and re-install them in the DAZ Install Mangaer but they still do not exist anywhere!

Ok, if it is up to me I have my opinion, DAZ content system is unnecessary complicated but this would not include that it destroys its own modules or plugins : )

Heeeeelp!

Post edited by jaxtone on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited December 1969

The two plugins install in the same location as your actual DAZ program.
    Please check if DIM knows where your DAZ studio is now located. If the path has change (or drive designation, for example) it will try to install the plugin elsewhere.
    If everything else fails, I'd recommend that you open a ticket with DAZ Helpdesk to inform them about the problem, and try a manual download and installation.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    The two plugins install in the same location as your actual DAZ program.
    Please check if DIM knows where your DAZ studio is now located. If the path has change (or drive designation, for example) it will try to install the plugin elsewhere.
    If everything else fails, I'd recommend that you open a ticket with DAZ Helpdesk to inform them about the problem, and try a manual download and installation.

You wont fond plugins in the Content Library, they are installed to program Files along with the application as lee_ihs says.

I have Keymate, and it only has two files to install:

/docs/Plugins/keyMate/keyMate.dsx
    /plugins/keyMate.dll

In DIM, go to the Installed tab, find the items you are looking for, right click, and select 'Show Installed Files' That will show you where DIM installed them to. As lee_ihs says, you need to have the path to DS set in the Applications tab in Settings in the DIM, but if you hadn't done that, I think you would have got an error message.
  • jaxtonejaxtone Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jimmy!

I can't find them even what I try... so I opened a ticket as well!

J

• NW316NW316 Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

I have just discovered these two plugins are not available in the new DS 4.8 I'm using. When I checked the DS 4.7, they are still active and the DIM shows they were originally installed into DS 4.5. I am wondering if I need to uninstall and re-download and install for DS 4.8 to activate them or would that be a waste of time.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

4.8, as of the last I knew was still in beta.

That means either the plugins aren't ready yet (but will be when the final release is ready).

OR..

More likely, since it is a beta, it is intentionally, by default not set up to use/interfere with the existing installed version...which includes plugins. In that case, yes you need to reinstall them through the DIM...then they will work in both versions.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,529
    edited December 1969

If this is your first public beta on your current system you will need to reinstall plug-ins, most shaders and some scripts so that support files are added to the application folder. Not everything will add files to the beta, but many will.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625
    edited December 1969

Having the same issue. Getting 4.8 installed on a second machine but no side of Key and Graphmate. On the original machine, DIM shows them installed and I see the two file noted above in their respective files, but no side of the plugins in the program itself.

edited December 1969

I have re-installed everything but these plugins are still missing!

edited December 1969

jaxtone said:

Did you check that they were installed by DIM, by right clicking and using 'Show Installed Files'?

If so, where does DIM say they are installed to, and do you see them in Help > About Installed Plugins?
    edited December 1969

jaxtone said:

Did you check that they were installed by DIM, by right clicking and using 'Show Installed Files'?

If so, where does DIM say they are installed to, and do you see them in Help > About Installed Plugins?

DIM shows them installed and they are installed in the Doc…Plugins and Plugins folders. Are there other files aside from the .dax and .dylib files?

edited December 1969

I don't think so, dylib is a Mac file of course.

In Show Installed Files, these are clickable links, click on them and see what folder they are installed to. DS4.7 and DS4.8 use two different folders. You may need to copy these over to the 4.8 folder manually.

edited December 1969

They are copied to the right files. I can understand them not working in the 4.8 Beta (maybe the plug-in maker hasn't updated their code for it) but I can't understand why they aren't working in 4.7.

edited December 1969

Nothing works as usual here! These necessary plugins are still a missing part of the program!

edited December 1969

jaxtone said:
    Nothing works as usual here! These necessary plugins are still a missing part of the program!

Is this in DS4.7 or the Beta version?

Do you see them as installed in the DIM Installed tab?

If DS4.7, did you check in DIM to see where these plugins were installed to as stated above, and did you check Help > About Installed Plugins to see if they appear there?

• SyphonapteraSyphonaptera Posts: 190
    edited July 2015

I have the same problem. I ordered Keymate,Graphmate,mimic live, texture painter loader and texture painter loader plug in but nothing can be found of any of thesde in DAZ 4.8. The more I work with Daz the more I find out it really SUCKS!!

WHERE THE HELL ARE GRAPHMATE AND KEYMATE GODDAMNIT.....?!!

Daz really is a disaster when it comes to information and tutorials on how to install or use something......PATHETIC.

I am going to check the ' About Installed Plugins' , see if anything gets solved from there.....

cheers buddues.

Post edited by Syphonaptera on

If these plugins are correctly installed, and their serial numbers have been entered in Help > About Installed Plugins, then you should be able to load them for Window > Panes (Tabs)   Did you follow those steps?

• SyphonapteraSyphonaptera Posts: 190

Yes and I wonder why the information from daz on how and where to install anything is so bad.Keymate,Graphmate,mimic live are accesible , I have only some troubles with texture painter helper and texture painter helprer plugin loader. Texture painter helper was no where to find on my PC after installation, no icon on the desktop, nothing in the program list in 'start'  , I found the texturepainterhelper.exe so I guess I have to make a shortcut to the desktop on my own.

texture painter helprer plugin loader is a disaster on its self. Tech support hopefully can help me with that. It does not install , it cannot find the DAz 3 path file (???)

;(

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
     It does not install , it cannot find the DAz 3 path file (???)

That sounds like the installer you are using is for DS3 rather than DS4.

• indigen9indigen9 Posts: 0

This is crazy. I have done everything possible and still can't find Keymate and graphmate anywhere in Daz3d 4.9. What is happening?

• Which everythings have tou tried? Did you check Help>About Installed Plug-ins? Are you using the release or Public Beta version of DS, and which version (Help>About DAZ Studio)? Did you use the stand-alone installer or the Install Manager?

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited September 2017

I installed hundreds of stuff in DAZ and all works fine. But I have a similar issue (DAZ 4.9.3.166). Animate, KeyMate and Graphmmate are valid "green" in Help->About Installed Plugins but in Panes (Tabs) I have only KeyMate and Animate 2, no GraphMate anywhere in the interface as far as I can see. But I installed it properly like the others that's for sure. Damn....

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • It is listed as keyMate, not KeyMate - it appears in the regular place in the list of me, but check that the lower-case k isn't pushing it to the bottom of your list.

• if anyone is having trouble, maybe you missed activating the key like me. Go to your DAZ install manager, right click keyMate/graphMate ->show serial number, and copy it. In Daz, go to help->about installed plugins, scroll down to keyMate/graphMate and enter the keys. Restart Daz, then go to Window->panes and you should see keyMate/graphMate there.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 690

Show serial number is grayed out.