Moving to a new Computer

Ladies and Gents-

I recently had to replace my tower and have found that my surface settings are completely messed up and I have no idea what changed. I have a 2T internal drive that I simply removed from my old tower and inserted into the new one. When this happened all hair models came out looking translucent and all my charater skins are extremely pale compared to how they used to be. I am purely a recreational user of the program, but I really would apreaciate some help on this. I have tried the typical uninstall / reinstall, and also deleted my entire content library and reloaded it to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appricated

WiskeyTangoFoxtrot.jpg
2304 x 1745 - 202K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,550
    edited February 2022

How do they render? Your image doesn't show any of the settings widgets in the Viewport but I suspect you are using the Filament Drawstyle there, which can be prone to over-exposure with the default values.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Yes I just rendered the scene and it looks fine.... weird

So this is only a issue with the visualization of the workspace?

WiskeyTangoFoxtrot2.jpg
    2304 x 1655 - 478K
  • Yes, Filament can produce too much light - there are options you can adjust by selecting the proerpties nodes in the Scene, or you can switch to another mode (there is a light-bulb filament icon next to the button for picking the current view, at top-right of the Viewport - click that to switch to another Drawstyle).