Genesis, Genesis8 and dForce Starter Essentials - what are these and the difference between them?

tellemetrytellemetry Posts: 0
edited February 2022 in New Users

Hi everyone. I just set up daz and in the process I also installed [Genesis, Genesis8 and dForce Starter Essentials] the three aforementioned. So what are they and are the differences between them? I'm clueless..

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

There have, so far, been four iteration of the Genesis figure - each adds or adjusts features, hopefully improving the figure and its usability. Genesis 8 is the current version, and probably has the most content as it has been current for longer than the previous versions, but you can safely install all of them. The Starter Essentials has the base figures, with soem morphs for adjusting the shape and basic materails, plus at least one hair piece and one or two outfits. dForce Starter Essentials has some items (clothing and props) taking advantage of the dForce simulation system, which should produce more natural looking draping. You will also have Default Resources, which is a collection of shaders (controlling how surfaces and lights look) and other utility features.

• Thank you, just to check if I got everything right - does the G8 starter essentials pack contain all of Genesis starter essentials and is there any point having the latter if I have G8 starter ess.? And dforce starter ess. concerns only the fit of clothing and objects. But does it contain everything that G8 starter essentials contain and in other words, if I want to create a model from scratch, is there a point doing in G8 and then transfer to dforce to dress it up, or shall I rather work only in dforce?