Installing products from ArtStation

Bought a few clothing items from ArtStation to try out yesterday - the zip contain .obj, .mtl, and .zprj type files only.  There are no .duf. or .duf.png files.  Does that sound right to you?  Would anyone be able to give any advice, or point me towards a tutorial?

Comments

• Apologies - if it wasn't already obvious, my query regards installing the above into Daz Studio, of course - lol.

• TogireTogire Posts: 408
    edited February 2022

These assets where made for marvelous designer (I think from the zprj extension), not for daz studio.

You can still use the objs by "importing" them from File>Import. You must find the proper scale (I do not remember if a scale for MD is predefined in the import form). The material is not guaranteed to be properly imported and definitely you will not be able to conform them on a genesis figure (at least not simply).

Post edited by Togire on
  • KainjyKainjy Posts: 812

You didn't bought a DAZ product. It's a general 3D object (obj is the model file, mtl the materials settings and zprj is the Marvelous Designer original file).
    You must import the file in DAZ Studio (FILE-->IMPORT) and convert it into a clothing (using Transfer Utility).

Look online for tutorial on how create clothing on DAZ. Or maybe ask here for details

• alainmerigot said:

These assets where made for marvelous designer (I think from the zprj extension), not for daz studio.

You can still use the objs by "importing" them from File>Import. You must find the proper scale (I do not remember if a scale for MD is predefined in the import form). The material is not guaranteed to be properly imported and definitely you will not be able to conform them on a genesis figure (at least not simply).

Ah, that's great - thank you.  It's not the end of the world, as I only bought a couple of things - and the Marvellous Designer label is clearly on the product description.  Rookie error.  Will give your suggestion a go.  No textures on product to worry about.  I'll just hit it with a shader once I've worked out the import.   smiley

• Kainjy said:

You didn't bought a DAZ product. It's a general 3D object (obj is the model file, mtl the materials settings and zprj is the Marvelous Designer original file).
    You must import the file in DAZ Studio (FILE-->IMPORT) and convert it into a clothing (using Transfer Utility).

Look online for tutorial on how create clothing on DAZ. Or maybe ask here for details

Thanks, Kainjy, that looks interesting.  Will give it a try.  Very helpful. yes