How To Open A Purchased Asset As Shown in The Product Renders?

Hi, I'm new to Daz3D and have a super basic question.

When I purchase a character from the Store, I base my purchase on the renders of that product. I would assume that when I open the product in Daz3D, it should open the same as the store renders. 

After watching the tutorials, I need to open the character and apply the assets to them however, I cannot find all the assets shown in the product renders. Is it possible to open the full character as shown in the product renders? Why can I not find all the assets?

Hopefully, I'm missing something basic but, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,N

Comments

• Can you tell us which product and what assets are missing? Is what's missing listed in the "what's included" list under the description? Not everything in a product showcase render is necessarily included as those images are meant to show the product in use, which includes showing them with other 3D assets.

• KainjyKainjy Posts: 812

Usually promo images contain many elements not incoluded in the product.
    If you bought a character maybe you don't have clothing items and hair but you have a morph and some skin/material presets.

You don't have also the "stage" (environment imeages, props in background, light settings, camera settings, etc..).. so creating some promo images is usully very complex. Try asking info at the author ,maybe he will share needed info.

• Hi, thanks for your replies.

It's the product below;

https://www.daz3d.com/silver-hd-for-genesis-81-female

So, I would need to do a detailed review of the product description to figure out what's included? That's disappointing, when I look at the product renders, I was hoping that the 3d model as shown would open in Daz3d ready for rendering.

Are there any products that provide the assets as shown in the renders? I'm new at this and don't really have the knowledge to mix and match assets especially if they cross the different Genesis versions.

• generally no, soem characters do include hair or an outfit and if so that will be up in the product name - usually it's just the character. The idea is to be able to mix-and-match.

• niallcochrane said:

Hi, thanks for your replies.

It's the product below;

https://www.daz3d.com/silver-hd-for-genesis-81-female

So, I would need to do a detailed review of the product description to figure out what's included? That's disappointing, when I look at the product renders, I was hoping that the 3d model as shown would open in Daz3d ready for rendering.

Are there any products that provide the assets as shown in the renders? I'm new at this and don't really have the knowledge to mix and match assets especially if they cross the different Genesis versions.

Some artists will list the "assets used in promo (that do not come with product)"; this is more common if the artist is creating their own "promo renders."

Many artists, though, commission promo renders of their products from third-party artists who will, in turn, use a variety of Daz and non-Daz products to create the promo pic. You can always reach out to an arist to see if they know which products were used- they may or may not know. Another option is to post the question here on the Forums- there's no shortage of "what hair is used for this character" (or "which character is used for this hair") topics that get posted here, and other forum members might be able to help you to track down the missing items.

Often, the greyscale pictures (such as the ones on the product pages you mentioned) let you know more about what you are actually getting with your purchase. In this case, the figure is bald, so that's a good indication that it comes without hair. We're shown the boots, the gun, and the bodysuit, in addition to the head and body of the figure, so we know those are included. Everything else, like backgrounds and lighting, you'd have to assume are optional.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

niallcochrane said:

Hi, I'm new to Daz3D and have a super basic question.

When I purchase a character from the Store, I base my purchase on the renders of that product. I would assume that when I open the product in Daz3D, it should open the same as the store renders. 

After watching the tutorials, I need to open the character and apply the assets to them however, I cannot find all the assets shown in the product renders. Is it possible to open the full character as shown in the product renders? Why can I not find all the assets?

Hopefully, I'm missing something basic but, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,N

Keep in mind that a promo image is used to show off the actual product in the best way the PA knows how and to show what is possible when you add other 3D assets to the actual product. Usually the only thing that is included is the character and the textures and morphs. Lighting, clothing, shoes, hair, etc are all items you will need to add (purchase). Unless the PA includes a scene file (which doesn't usually happen) you will never be able to open a scene just like the promo. 

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,717

Based on the description, the outfit does come with the figure, but the hair(s) and the background(s) don't. As other have noted, it's common that you only get the figure and nothing else. It looks like 2 or 3 of the hair sets used were:

MRL Warrior Hair for Genesis 8 Female: https://www.daz3d.com/mrl-warrior-hair-for-genesis-8-female

MRL Gem Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female: https://www.daz3d.com/mrl-gem-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-female

MRL Gem for Genesis 8 Female: https://www.daz3d.com/mrl-gem-for-genesis-8-female

Hope this helps!