DAZ Install Manager failing.... [RESOLVED]

OminousAutumnOminousAutumn Posts: 388
edited February 2022 in New Users

I used time machine (mac) to transfer my old laptop to a new laptop. Daz central wont work with Monterey. Daz Install Manager was able to download all of the files I own but it is failing to install them. What the heck is going on?? It "fails" all installs all the way down the list. Any suggestions or ideas?

Daz software opens with no problem and even loaded assests that dont exist in my smart content which is empty...as it should be I guess until I figure out why Install is failing... Cheers!

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 4.33.06 PM.png
1656 x 1738 - 1M
Post edited by OminousAutumn on

Comments

• Check the log file, available through the gear icon at top-right (in the Advanced Settings dialogue if it doesn't have a direct command).

• Richard Haseltine said:

Check the log file, available through the gear icon at top-right (in the Advanced Settings dialogue if it doesn't have a direct command).

Ok I opened it and have four tabs in the advanced settings menu. Accounts, DLs, Installation, Applications. What am I looking for and what do I need to do? Dont see any log file...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited February 2022

Click on that wheel and just select show log. It's towards the bottom I believe. I'm not possitive if it is there for the Mac version but it is where it is in the Windows version

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • OminousAutumnOminousAutumn Posts: 388
    edited February 2022

frank0314 said:

Click on that wheel and just select show log. It's towards the bottom I believe. I'm not possitive if it is there for the Mac version but it is where it is in the Windows version

my bad. got it. what dots do i need to connect? screenshot is the most recent log.

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 8.46.40 PM.jpg
    1920 x 1590 - 880K
    Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 8.38.26 PM.png
    888 x 372 - 194K
    Post edited by OminousAutumn on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Check the log file, available through the gear icon at top-right (in the Advanced Settings dialogue if it doesn't have a direct command).

found it but not sure what to make of it...see above screenshots

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

I don't think you can install much if you have 3 bytes of space like the log says

Capture1.PNG
    652 x 145 - 59K
  • PerttiA said:

I don't think you can install much if you have 3 bytes of space like the log says

ok. how do you fix it since the actual amount of available space is 2TB? its a new laptop...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

The last time I used Mac's was over 30 years ago, so I don't know, but as the log says the installer is only seeing 3 bytes of available space in that location. Maybe a problem with permissions.

• PerttiA said:

The last time I used Mac's was over 30 years ago, so I don't know, but as the log says the installer is only seeing 3 bytes of available space in that location. Maybe a problem with permissions.

I erased the computer and started everything from scratch. When I installed this time, it did prompt me to choose a pathway. It all works now. How do you decide the path without a prompt, for future reference.?

Thanks to everyone for helping. 

• cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 442
    edited February 2022

Changing the paths in DS and DIM:

Note: the paths shown in the screenshots are my custom ones, they are not valid for a default installation.

content-3.png
    1401 x 293 - 133K
    content-dir.png
    1158 x 747 - 205K
    Post edited by cgidesign on