Which computer to buy that renders well?

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anybody had tips or already knows a good pc to buy that works well with DAZ renders?
I don't know too much about pc's and prefer a already build machine in the price range of 2000-2500 euro's.

Thanks!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited February 2022

I can be hard to find an "off the shelf" computer that will be good enough for everything you need. I'm not saying there isn't any but they can be hard to find. It's almost always better to have a custom machine built to suit your needs and they run around the same price or maybe a little bit higher but not overwhelmingly above and it's well worth it.

The important thing to look at is your GPU and system RAM. If you plan on utilizing Iray then you have to go with a NVIDIA GPU with at least 8GB of VRAM. Your system RAM should be at least 3 times as much as your VRAM. So it you are getting a GPU with 8GB of VRAM then you would want your system RAM to be 36GB or higher. That isn't a must have but it will make things a lot easier and can just double the amount. I would suggest getting more than a 8GB GPU. 8GB is the minimum you need to utilize Iray. There are some more tech savvy people roaming around the forums that will most likely come in and give you suggest. Listen to what they are saying cause some have done extensive testing on what and what not to use or do.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

What Frank said, Nvidia RTX GPU with minimum 8GB's of VRAM and minimum 32GB's of RAM.
    If going with Intel platform, I would choose the i7 processor, preferably with a motherboard that does not have integrated graphics.

Maybe two internal SSD drives (1TB's each) for the OS and programs and one external USB drive (4-5TB's) for the content you are going to use in DS

You didn't say what should be included within your budget, ie. should it include the monitors as well?

• Wow thanks for all the information! Yeah it's just the desktop. Already got a decent screen.