Problem - LIE

alaltaccalaltacc Posts: 151
edited February 2022 in New Users

I've been messing around with LIE to try and understand how it works and now I have a problem I can't solve. sad

I've applied some test tattoos (changing a script and using my own PNG images to test and see how it would work) to a character I've created, and even after undoing the tattoos (CTRL+Z) the arms (where I've applied the tattoos) are greenish. I've compared everything I could find in the Surfaces tab with the legs and everything seems the same. I've also removed the layers I've created using the LIE editor inside Base Color, bur the greenish arm continues. Unfortunately I didn't see it in time and saved the character WITH the greenish arms, so now I'm stuck with them. Typical newbie mess. cheeky
I'll attach a screenshot to give a better idea.
EDIT: I've tried to reload the base texture for the arms, to no avail (so, the problem is not with the texture itself, but something after - probably LIE).

Can someone help my character avoid becoming the semi-incredible-Hulk? blush 

GREEN ARMS.png
978 x 1222 - 912K
Post edited by alaltacc on

Comments

• alaltaccalaltacc Posts: 151

I think I solved it! Instead of deleting my posto, I'll post the answer so if someone else have the same problet they will find the answer.

I've changed the "Translucency Color" to NONE (clicking in the small down arrow to the side of the color). Probably obvious to most of you, but not for me. cheeky

Now I just need to figure out why when I apply my tattoo the arms turn green again. But at least I have my normal-armed character saved. 

• On the Surfaces tab, for the green arm, check the location of the image -- it might be stuck on a memory {in the the temp folder}. Try loading a mat preset for another character all together to see if that works.