DazCentral / DazToBlender / MacOS .. giving up

Ben_4304566Ben_4304566 Posts: 1
edited February 2022 in New Users

Hello,

so, I'm new.. I bought a beautiful character (MiA) and wanted to port it to Blender. The problems began...

1. DazCentral freezes on my Mac (seems to be a memory leak, MacBook Pro 16 Zoll, 2019, BigSur).

2. Somehow I could install DazStudio, my character and DazToBlender (finally with the help if DIM and lots of research finding others struggling with these problems).

3. DazToBlender (Blender 2.93.7 and 3.0) ... nothing works, Python errors when adding the addon, distorted models when importing an FBX only.

4. Trying the Diffeomorphic addon... not installable, python errors and an open git ticket regarding this

5. Luckily I have a PC too (Win 10, same Blender versions) ... DazCentral runs like a charm, so the bridge too

6. Hello DazToBlender... I can install the addon and import my model... distorted bones, overlapping textures ...

Finally, what is this? What is the way to go? I watched nearly every tutorial and read any bug report I could find via Google.

What is the setup where it should work?

Sorry for ranting, I don't want to give up yet!

Post edited by Ben_4304566 on

Comments

• Ben_4304566Ben_4304566 Posts: 1
    edited February 2022

Update:

Found the latest Fix for DazToBlender (https://github.com/butaixianran/DazToBlender) and installed it manually for Blender 3.0 on PC. This works so far and even the pose is not distorted. Mac still gives errors.

The materials seem to need some finetuning, but this may be character specific.

Post edited by Ben_4304566 on