Metamixer manual or tutorial?

Hello!

I bought Metamixer two days ago and I confess I almost didn't have the time to mess with it, but my first impression was that the PDF that came with it supposedly as a manual is largely insufficient.

My main interest is not in the "mixing" (as in mixing two or three characters) part, but in using something that is shown in the promo video: manually edit the facial features of the character using a semi-transparent picture (a real picture) over the face as a guide. Again, I didn't have the time to look around properly, but I didn't see it anywhere while I was at it.

Is it really possible? If so, is there a tutorial, manual, guide, anything to help?

I really, really think that's a shame to release something almost without documentation (unless the documentation is there and I couldn't find it).

Thanks!

Comments

• Faux2DFaux2D Posts: 452

The image overlay I used in the promo is a freeware called PureRef and not part of MetaMixer. There are 3 modes in metamixer: Morphing (mixing the whole face), Blending (mixing individual areas of the face), and Sculpting (mixing individual parts of individual areas of the face). There are also hundreds of universal controls that help you fine tune each aspect of the face located under Blending and Sculpting.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,004

If you follow the MetaMixer PDF tutorial carefully, it is very good. The videos are misleading, because they show things that Daz has not included in the product, like mixing male and female morphs.

• alaltaccalaltacc Posts: 151

My main interest is in sculpting (changing manually) faces, not mixing (and yes, I know it's called "MetaMIXER", but what made my buy it was the sculpting) :-). I'll try again to find it inside the program (I couldn't at first).

About the PureRef tip: thanks, Faux2D! Great tip! But in the way it was shown in the video, it seemed to be a feature of MetaMixer. It would be helpful to make it clear that it wasn't.

Thanks again both of you!