Most of my Daz3D pose collections do NOT change arms and hands but some do....

FedermannFedermann Posts: 111
edited January 2022 in New Users

[Most of my Daz3D pose collections do NOT change arms and hands but some do....] Obviously I tried to look online for answers to this weird but absolutely infuriating phenomenon but there were only ancient threads and not quite on this particular problem. Let me start by saying that I do know some Daz3D products like "Z All Natural Morphs and Pose Mega Set" have several !Zero poses (Btm, Full, Feet, Larm. Rarm etc.) often at the top of its pose collection, having the purpose of initializing poses (or so I think)  but for instance:  !Zero Larm. Rarm and Full DO manage to get the arms/hands in default position BUT this position is once again fixed whatever real pose you subsequently select. Feet and legs nicely comply to the new pose but those arms and hands stay firmly put in their old position. The crazy thing is that other Daz3D products don't have this problem at all, you choose a pose and the figure immediately and fully takes that shape, from head to toe (and yes, hands and arms included!) like "Z Medical Equipment and Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1" whips the figure in the exact pose it was designed to, no defiant arms and hands trying to stay put. So same figure, same DAZ studio session, one pose fails miserably and a different pose totally succeeds.  Filter by context was on, so no old pose libraries that may or may not work and a setting like "Turn limits off" was never changed by me (default is on I believe and I manually enter yes in the popup whenever it warns me, not an issue here because there were no pose limits warnings).

This problem kind of saps the joy out of my Daz3D pose collection purchases, 60% of a pose (everything except arms and hands) is just not good enough. Oddly enough 3rd party pose libraries for Gen8 figures almost never have this problem! Is there an easy fix to this problem? I am quite sure I never did change any of the default pose settings of my DAZ studio 4.16 pro.

Might I have used a vague figure barely belonging to the Gen8 family? Nope, I can easily replicate this problem for Genesis 8 Basic Female, Alexandra 8 and Victoria 8 figures.

Thx!

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Can you give some specific examples? Some pose sets are desighned for mix-and-match, so there are poses for the upper body and poses for the lower body. Are you seelcting the poses from the Content Library pane under Daz Studio Formats, or are you using Smart Content etc.? In the latter it may not be clear which are partial poses and which full.

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

A few poses are actually morphs and cannot be reset by zero scripts that reset the bone positions, but not the morphs. I do not know this product, but maybe this is the problem. In that case, you can search the used sliders in the parameters tab and reset them.

• FedermannFedermann Posts: 111
    edited January 2022

Thx for your feedback guys, I was about to make an inventory which pose packs transform without problems and which packs have the problem of disobedient arms and hands that stay in the old pose position. Now I must say I thought I knew a full body pose from a mix-and-match partial quite well since I used both kinds deliberately and successfully on plenty of occasions but on trying to come up with more proof in a totally new and bare bones session with the standard Genesis 8 Female ... I could not replicate the annoying old pose arms phenomenon! I am starting to accept I may not have paid attention enough whether the poses I was trying to apply were actual full body poses ... Now in a less manic style of pose selection and carefully reading the textual info I did not run into the problems I encountered before and it turns out I have quite a large amount of btm partials in my pose collections....
    blushsurprise
    So not the greatest start for me in this forum, taking the noob cake, but thanks to your answers I now know what I did wrong and I am also aware (thanks to you) that some of that sticky pose business could indeed at some point be encountered but then has a different cause and solution.

(Not entirely sure why a !Zero Full does not always effect the arms but I don't want to push this point because the error probably lies with me!)

Post edited by Federmann on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Federmann said:

Not entirely sure why a !Zero Full does not always effect the arms but I don't want to push this point because the error probably lies with me!

Depends on where the movement of arms has been dialed in.

The pose dials used in "Pose Controls" do not necessarily get zeroed, but you can check with "Currently Used", which dials are still active after zeroing.

• PerttiA said:

Federmann said:

Not entirely sure why a !Zero Full does not always effect the arms but I don't want to push this point because the error probably lies with me!

Depends on where the movement of arms has been dialed in.

The pose dials used in "Pose Controls" do not necessarily get zeroed, but you can check with "Currently Used", which dials are still active after zeroing.

Excellent tip, l only recently started to delve deeper into the world of the sliders, I used them for very limited purposes but then I found out it they can save a lot of niggling with mouse pointers and can do plenty of other stuff if only you browse through them to see what's what. Mastering (or something near that) DAZ Studio is quite the learning curve, I gave up two years ago but now I am definitely 'hooked'.  My biggest (and moderately serious) problem now is that I can’t stop buying stuff, but I know this is a familiar phase for many (beginning) DAZ users ...