deforce hair style in empty scene not applying - any tips appreciated

hey all,

i have got the deforce romantic curly hair for 8 & 8.1 but no matter what style i apply it all seems to be up in the air and even with the shaping controls and adjustments it doesn't look anything like the applied style

here is the style applied and how it appears in iray, i have gone through youtube, and played with simulation settings but it seems none of the shaping controls bring it to anything near how it should look

am i missing something ? it's a new empty enviroment, tested on default 8.1 and makes no difference, any advise on how to bring this hair out of looking blow style and sat like the applied style would be very appreciated

as you can see on the attached screenshot t's not applying it

Regards

Nick

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 13.07.07.png
1960 x 866 - 1M

Comments

• now wasted 50$ as the other deforce hair package does exactly the same, why don't the styles apply as per the example of the style ? 

or at least adjust to the version on the example

• Have you in fact run the simulation?

• According to the product page: This Product only works with dForce Cloth Engine. So presumably you'll need to run a simulation to get any styles. If this is too much for your computer [is for mine] you can request a refund if the products were purchased within 30 days.

Why the hair is up in the air is to provide some room for it to simulate down into position.

• got the deforce preset master and then could run a presett that has resolved it, thnx all

• Oh good :-)