FaceGen Artist Pro Interactive License

I'm interested in purchasing the following but I am confused on the interactive license option.
https://www.daz3d.com/facegen-artist-pro

I understand why that type of license would be needed when purchasing content, but why would it be necessary when purchasing a tool like this?  I do intend to use the characters in an interactive game, but FaceGen Artist Pro is not content itself but rather a way to create content.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

facegen does include textures for skin which is why it needs the license

• Thank you for pointing that out, I did not realize that.  I'm very new, so it's probably my ignorance talking, but it still feels a little arbitrary as the texture itself is not created with Daz3D, is it?  I mean obviously it would be applied to a Daz3D character at the end of the day, but Daz3D is just the middle man (as far as the FaceGen skin texture) between FaceGen and whatever tool the character gets exported to.

• If you buy it from their website there is no extra license required. Like the other plugins it uses Daz3D textures. IF making textures to redistribute it is adviseable AFAIK to replace all of them with your own textures and/or merchant resources that allow for whatever use it is you're planning. FaceGen provides the option to select your own textures ;-) And no, you don't need any extra license for that.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270
    edited January 2022

FSMCDesigns said:

facegen does include textures for skin which is why it needs the license

I don't think so. Says plainly on their website:

"Legal

Texture images, morph targets and FaceGen '.fg' files created with Artist are yours to distribute."

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on