Getting glass reflections in PNG format

edited January 2022 in New Users

Happy Belated New Year everyone. I'm going to make a scene that combines a DAZ render (foreground) with a video (background). The background or video is just a subtle movement of the trees being blown by the wind. My way is to render the foreground without Environment and save it to PNG format, and then combine it with the video in the video maker. I imagine the result would be like the image on the left. To adjust the angle of balcony, I put the background in JPG format and apply it in the Environment. You can see the reflection of the seats on the glass fence.  But when I disable the Environment to get a transparent render in PNG format, the reflection is gone like image on the right.

When I combine the PNG with the video I get no reflection on the glass. How can I keep the reflection when I'm saving the render with transparent background?

001.jpg
929 x 635 - 453K
002.jpg
929 x 635 - 263K
Post edited by youngpower_d205a7f2f3 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,915

I'm not sure I understand the question, because I see reflections in both images. It's faint, but I can see it.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911
    edited January 2022

They're talking about the reflection on the glass, not on the floor.

ETA: you're right Gordig, the reflection is still there. Just really faint.

Perhaps if you give the glass plane metallicity and lower it's opacity? It's not the "correct" way to do glass in IRAY but it might just work in this situation.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Ah yes. Thanks Hylas. Turning the glass into mirror and reduce the opacity. How simple. Now I get to retain the reflectivity in transparent PNG format. Although for this particular product, the glass has it's own Iray setting. So just adding metallicity to it didn't work. I had to turn the glass into a simple mirror, and reduce the opacity.