Weekly Carrara Animation Challenge #2 "SLIDE" or "SLIP" Closes April 4

2»

Comments

• MarkBremmerMarkBremmer Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

More Fun with Soft Body Dynamics

The wave was made just the same way you used to makes waves with your bed sheets as a kid.

https://youtu.be/ci4Vf8sCbYs

Sweet!
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

The wave was made just the same way you used to makes waves with your bed sheets as a kid.

Sweet!

+1

edited December 1969
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,332
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    Thanks for the tips, everyone. Am I right in assuming that you are using another program to switch camera angles by combining two separate renders? Or, can the render camera be changed in the middle of an animation?

I use Batch Queue in the render room, "Add" the same scene as many times as I have 'Filming Cameras'(cameras I wish to render from, and switch the camera in the output tab for each entry of the scene - effectively making as many renders of the animation as I have cameras set up to render. You'll then notice that you may also change any of the render settings for each entry as well, including the start and end time for that particular render. However, I always run them for the whole duration and 'cut' the frames later as I stitch them together, which brings us to the assumption of using "another program":

After looking at a few free options, and just not liking them, I started looking to but a movie editing program. After finding the incredibly inexpensive version of Sony Vegas, I remembered seeing Sony Vegas in Jonny Bravos videos, and decided to contact him. Turns out that he was using the cheap version as well! I downloaded the 30 day trial and then bought it. I am overjoyed by how incredibly easy it is to use and, since I bought the "Platinum Suite" (then), I got a pile of free music tracks to use as well. If you go for the Sony option, look for the suite that comes with the best stuff to suit your needs. They're immensely well-valued packages. But if all you want is the Movie editing software, you can get just that for really cheap!

I also have Corel's Video Studio Pro X7, which is now 64 bit and has some great features that I am really enjoying using. But I still find Sony Movie HD to be overall easier (for me) to use and get the most out of my time. But the VideoStudio Pro X7 has a handy "Screen Capture" feature, motion tracking, and a bunch of other cool stuff - so I'm happy to have them both.

Also, both of them have multiple "Tracks", some for video, some for audio. I never inject my audio files into Carrara unless it's a Mimic session. All of my sound effects and music are brought into the movie editing software during the final production. Extra video tracks make it super simple to add layers of text, bring in images, PiP (picture-in-picture) videos stuff, etc., as well.

Sony came with tutorials that you can bring up even while you're in the middle of a project, which brings pop-up windows into the work space, pointing where to activate what you're looking for, telling you what to do, etc., which made learning the software incredibly easy.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Sweet!

+1+1

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Thanks! Happy Easter to you too!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SggCBN9SLk0
    edited December 1969

guess we are done - no new thread

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 1969

I will post the new challenge thread shortly.

bigh said:
    guess we are done - no new thread