From Blender to DAZ Studio

Hello everyone! To post my question I used the translator and therefore, have mercy ..!

$ 1 million question: those who know Blender know that it is possible to import a basic human figure from DAZ Studio and base any customization work there. If in case I decide to do the exact opposite the only way I know to reverse is to export that figure to an OBJ file but, when I import that OBJ file to DAZ Studio it appears only as an inert form and nothing more.
At this point I wonder: what if there was a way to apply the exact shape of that imported body from Blender on a new Genesis 8 figure? So would it be possible to transform that OBJ file into a set of morphs to structure a human figure based on Genesis?

Comments

• Have the target figure {i.e. Genesis 8} default load position in D/S. Open Morph Loader Pro {Edit > Object > Morph Loader Pro} and import in the morphed .obj that was exported out of Blender, make the morph.

Check "reverse deformations" {so navel and/or mouth morphs don't double}

Make sure the base resolution object you're working on in Blender has "no" geografts {eyelashes for G8, genitals, tails, etc.} on it. And also not on the target figure in D/S.

• CorneliusCornelius Posts: 131

I tried to load the OBJ file into the Morph Loader Pro, but unfortunately it didn't work. This warning comes out: Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph.

Resolution is base. The figure has lashes and genitals that I can't take them off directly from Blender.

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Unfortunately you're going to need to start over with a figure that does not have eyelashes or genitals.  Base figure, no subD, you're on the right track there.  Don't forget to keep vertice order on both import and export.  And scaling can be an issue since Blender and DAZ use a different base scale.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,270
    edited January 2022

To find the correct scale {I don't use Blender}, export out any .obj from D/S - bring it into Blender, just change the color and export it back out. Import it into D/S normally, it "has to" be "landing" exactly as it left. Take note of the size options that work.

For exporting .obj to morph, be sure to select "no groups" - the .obj has to be 'one piece.'

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • CorneliusCornelius Posts: 131

OK I have made many attempts but I can not ..!
    The genitals, eyelashes and other things seem to me carved on the very shape of the figure. maybe I should act in "Edit Mode" on Blender but it's not for me .. I tried to delete everything while keeping the vertices during the export but it didn't work ..!

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

You can't just hide the genital geograph you have to delete it or it will leave a hole where it was.  Same with the eyelashes.  If it's a character you've already done some sort of work on just save it as a scene subset first.