3D Model Inspiration April 08 2022

Comments

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 641

Thank you Richard for editing my post to show the image better! smiley

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,562

Really like that bridge you post the picture of RichardandTracy, would be great if finished, can just imagine the textures for it.

• The inspiration for the bridge is the Leshan Old Bridge in China. The image on Wikipedia (linked to below) shows that the bridge needs a bit of maintenance (removal of trees/shrubs/grass growing on the structure) but even so it's magnificent:

I didn't feel up to fully modelling the pagodas, so modelled simplified ones 'inspired by the originals' at either end of the covered walkways.

Regards,

Richard.

That's quite the bridge, fancy and I bet the scenery is lovely to look at there.

I saw this and thought it would be a great model for someone to make, it's beautiful.

Interesting Seahorse.jpg
    526 x 860 - 61K
    edited June 2023

Saw this in a video and thought it would make a great Halloween creep type tree.

Well there was suppose to be a picture but Daz is broken and since they haven't fixed the "can't delete posts" for more then a year, who knows how long it will be before they fix the "can't upload images" problem.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
    edited July 2023

I saw this and I just went WOW, this so needs to be made.

https://gcdn.daz3d.com/gallery/image/1298463/1688862430/main.jpg

And can someone tell me how to link a gallery image to posts lol

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Faeryl Womyn said:

CLick the image icon and insert the link

Thanks Felis

My Uncle posted about a bull on facebook so when I youtube searched him, came across this video of 10 famous bulls. I thought they would be a good reference to make one, since I haven't seen on at Daz in a long time. The one my Uncle posted about is called bodacious and is second from the end of the video.

My Uncle recently showed a video about colorful peacocks so I did a little searching and found some beautiful ones. Anyone want to take a crack at creating this bird and it's amazing displays in so many colors?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,998

Faeryl Womyn said:

My Uncle recently showed a video about colorful peacocks so I did a little searching and found some beautiful ones. Anyone want to take a crack at creating this bird and it's amazing displays in so many colors?

Ken Gilliland has one over at Renderosity. wink 

Stezza said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

I checked it out, it's a nice model, though it's old is showing, it's not iray so colors seem dull, does not include the large feathers that support the fanning of the longer one's and the fully displayed feathers is incorrect. Also does not have the colors displayed in those video's. A new and improved version would be a good idea, to include proper poses, more colors and iray to bring out the brillance of those colors.

edited July 2023

This is an interesting video about corsets and stays, could get a lot of idea's from this. The second video shows how 8 different styles look on one body type. Also these video's help with anyone interested in accuracy.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,998

Faeryl Womyn said:

Stezza said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

it's not iray  A new and improved version would be a good idea, to include proper poses, more colors and iray to bring out the brillance of those colors.

but it does... oh well... frown 

Stezza said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

Stezza said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

it's not iray  A new and improved version would be a good idea, to include proper poses, more colors and iray to bring out the brillance of those colors.

but it does... oh well... frown 

Nope, you're right, I went back and checked again, it does have iray, my mistake. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

felis said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

CLick the image icon and insert the link

...oooh would love that for the grounds of the Grande Estate.

I think I might have posted this somewhere before, even so, this would make an amazing product.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,708
    edited July 2023

Ken Gilliland has one of those over on renderosity. Specfically: Songbird ReMix Birds of Prey Vol 4 Mini-Set

Post edited by zombietaggerung on

Well that just goes to show how often I go to Renderosity lol Thanks for the heads up.

Came across this band a couple years ago, they are a female band from Sibera with a very interesting singing style, however, it's the musical instruements in this video that caught my attention as a great idea for musical props. Also, check out the band when you have the chance. The outfits they were are also very interesting and can be an inspiration for creation.

• Just came across this video with nifty idea's to add to rooms and houses. Since many vendors will make period pieces, this could be useful for idea's

Now I know there are both big and small cats that have been done in 3D, there are some that have not been. This is a very interesting video about all kinds of cats and good information on top of it.

There are soem beautiful butterflys in this video and would be great to have as 3d models. If I was any good at texturing I would make them.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Faeryl Womyn said:

Just came across this video with nifty idea's to add to rooms and houses. Since many vendors will make period pieces, this could be useful for idea's

It's funny to see some of those things are actually still in my house... we had a coal cute, but that was removed... the yard still has lots of random loose coal bits that I'm guessing either were dispersed during some construction event or the kids who lived here used to have coal fights (involving throwing chunks of coal at your siblings)...
    There were a couple of glass insulation knobs attached in a few spots in the attic and we still have (very narrow diameter) acetylene pipes running through the inside of the ceilings in a few spots (disconnected, obviously)...
    Apparently in areas outside cities (back then this was a very rural area) people would have acetylene gas lighting... I'm still not 100% sure how it worked because everything I know about it is from period advertisements, but I believe you had a tank or chamber somewhere in the basement, and you'd add some pellets that you'd moisten(?) and they'd produce the gas... something like that... I really couldn't find much information on it back when I originally looked into it and a lot of what I found seemed to be copied from the same sources, with literally the exact wording.
    In my attic I found a weird gas valve of some sort too... I have no idea how it worked, possibly (probably) it was attached to a light fixture, but it looks like a float balance of some sort... it had a small section of gas pipe attached and something that looks like a glass shade may have seated to... I showed it to a guy who did a lot of renovations on old houses, who knew about these things (a bit of a LI historian) and he was stumped, but was pretty confident it was from a fixture, possibly a wall lamp.

Though it's not mentioned in the video, we have a really steam punk looking iron cistern walled up in the basement too... totally creepy looking with black paint, rust and big rivets... apparently back in the 20s that was how everyone who could afford a motorized pump, stored their water.

A note about the milk delivery doors... in apartment buildings (at least in NYC) they were not for delivery but for storage... they were usually under the kitchen window, where most fire escapes were located... they were ventilated on the outside without an outside door... anything from an ornate grill to a slotted metal plate, but the outside didn't open... presumably because people could steal your food if it did... but they were generally for cold weather storage of perishables. 
    I've seen a few that were at least 2' tall by 3' wide... usually they weren't very deep, 6-7 inches, but some actually protruded outside to give additional depth, so maybe like a foot and a half deep... many had really nice ornate doors on the inside.

• McGyver said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

Just came across this video with nifty idea's to add to rooms and houses. Since many vendors will make period pieces, this could be useful for idea's

It's funny to see some of those things are actually still in my house... we had a coal cute, but that was removed

with any other poster I would assume that was a typo

LOL Agreed Richard, use to have a coal shute at my parents house back in the day, then switched to gas like most everyone else in Canada cause it was so much cheaper then electric back then. Can't say that these days lol.

I know horses and textures have been made, both here and at other places. I came across this video that gives a history of some of these horses and would be wonderful if someone who does horse stuff made textures and morphs of these beautiful animals. Since some may go extinct, it's one way to immortalize them.

• jbdiminniejbdiminnie Posts: 77
    edited February 19

McGyver said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

Apparently in areas outside cities (back then this was a very rural area) people would have acetylene gas lighting... I'm still not 100% sure how it worked because everything I know about it is from period advertisements, but I believe you had a tank or chamber somewhere in the basement, and you'd add some pellets that you'd moisten(?) and they'd produce the gas... something like that... I really couldn't find much information on it back when I originally looked into it and a lot of what I found seemed to be copied from the same sources, with literally the exact wording.

The pellets are a compound called calcium carbide, and yes, it reacts with water to produce acetylene gas--it is somewhat safer than having a tank filled with acetylene (since acetylene has the unfortunate property of having an upper flame limit of 100, meaning a source of ignition can cause a fire even if the pipe is 100% acetylene with no oxygen/air present).  Still, I would expect acetylene lighting is still a bit of a safety hazard, which is why we don't see it today (propane/LPG has largely replaced it in homes).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

If you're looking for unusual anime, birds and marine life to model, check out Tasmania