3D backgrounds

hey all, does anyone know where these background 3D images are found in daz or where they can be purchased please ? 

Comments

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

Your question is not very clear, but I assume you are searching THIS specific background.

I do not know which asset precisely it is, but it is very likely that it is a 3D object and not an image, otherwise the shades on the background would not match so well the lighting in the foreground.

This background seem very simple IMHO and it would be faster to do it than to search for the asset.

Just make a basic primitive>cube in daz studio, duplicate it horizontally and vertically, add a basic primitive>plane to fill the gap between the cubes, slightly move some cubes in the z direction to give this irregular aspect, make a group with all this cubes and the plane, rotate 45° and add a shader. The shader is probably the most difficult to get this specific look, but there are many shaders available and you can probably rapidly find one that you like.

All this can be done in less than 10mn, does not require in-depth kowledge of DS and most probably it is what the artist has done.

You can even gain some time with tools like ultra-scatter that will automatically do the duplication and random displacement of the cubes.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,127

Could also do it with a single plane primitive.

I used 1 meter plane in the screen shot example.

Just put any black and white checker board map into the displacement map slot.

Just google for "free black and white checker board map" to find one.Thats what I did. :)

Black(RGB 0,0,0)=low spots

White(RGB 255,255,255) =High spots

RGB color 128,128,128 I believe is the "middle"

Adjust min(black low/) and max (white high) to taste.

The "SubD Displacement Level" setting is shader level.You won't see it unless iray is running.3 worked for this map.

Displacement.jpg
    2557 x 1041 - 337K
  • functionfunction Posts: 279

IceCrMn said:

Could also do it with a single plane primitive.

I used 1 meter plane in the screen shot example.

Thank you IceCrMn, that's a great method, worth to play a whole day!