Moving DAZ Studio Files from one drive to another Windows 10

Back on 10/01/2022 I posted the question titled Uninstalling/ Reinstalling DAZ Studio Windows 10 and got great advice from Richard Haseltine as always (thank you, Richard).  My motive was to clear up space on my C: Drive (475 GB capacity) by moving all DAZ stuff to my D: Drive (1.8 TB capacity). 

Turns out that uninstalling and reinstalling DAZ Central and Studio from Disks C to D didn't work, as all the user (and, presumably, asset) folders seem to still be on the C: Drive.  The consequence being that my limited C: Drive memory keeps getting eaten up whenever I install a new asset.

The pathway is Local Disk (C:) > Users > user > Documents > DAZ 3D.

So my question is: is there anything to stop me moving all the DAZ user and asset folders from C to D as well, or am I going to screw everything up?  Will DAZ Studio still know where to go looking for everything?

Many thanks.

Comments

• make sure that the install paths are set to go to the drive you want to use, and that those are the Daz Studio content directories. The first time you save after moving you will need to set the desired location using the controls in the dialogue box - after that DS will remember, for that file type.

• Richard Haseltine said:

make sure that the install paths are set to go to the drive you want to use, and that those are the Daz Studio content directories. The first time you save after moving you will need to set the desired location using the controls in the dialogue box - after that DS will remember, for that file type.

Brilliant, thanks Richard - will that a go. :)