Putting figures in Dreamlight's giant Mediterrenean town

althought its an older asset, its fantastic. Loads pretty fast as a complete set and still looks fantastic . Combined with the Economy slies redux, it looks amazing.

My only trouble is although there are about 40-45 camera pov's, how can i choose one and put a model or prop in that very camera frame ?

I finally did one but by sheer luck of trial and error and size of scale.

There must be a better way.

2022-01-13_19h16_26.png
1166 x 849 - 977K
first render of meditaraneen town with Aubrey.jpg
1018 x 1440 - 932K

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069

holding ctl while loading a character gives more options including a circle thingy for positioning 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,915

WendyLuvsCatz said:

holding ctl while loading a character gives more options including a circle thingy for positioning 

Just hold ALT while dragging an item into the scene.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,445

Load everything (or parts). Load the cameras. Use the perspective view to get an overhead shot of everything. Select a camera in the scene tab (not as a viewport camera). With one of the transform tools in use, the camera will show the manipulator widget. Frame the camera to get closer, then zoom out to see the camera's field of view/line of sight/depth of field. The camera views are in the negative Z direction, so use the ALT key to click and drag your figure into the viewport that line of sight. Best to be looking straight down when doing that, otherwise the parallax could place the figure far away from where you think. Once you have the X-Z figured out, you will probably have to adjust the Y translation, since that ALT-drag trick places the figure at Y=0, which might be below the terrain or floor. Now switch to the camera view and fine-tune.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069

ah yes alt gives the circle thingy, ctl gives the options list