Sleeves of loaded shirt off?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,625

I'm loading a Dforce shirt onto a Morpheus character. The character's arms are at 3 and 9, but the shirt sleeves load pointing at 4 and 7-ish. Any ideas why?

Comments

• Sounds like you're putting a Genesis 8 shirt on a Genesis 3 character.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625

That could be. The character just says Morpheus and doesn't give a gen number. Is there a easy way to determine what gen a character is? Or what character a garment is for? This shirt came up when Morpheus was selected so I assume it was compatible.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,915

Morpheus was renamed Multi-Man for Genesis 3 quite a while ago. The most immediate difference between G3 and G8 is the default pose: G3 (and earlier generations) load with a T-pose, with the feet closer together and the arms straight out to the sides, while G8 loads with an A-pose, with the feet farther apart and the arms down around the hips. As far as knowing what generation an item is made for, Daz seems to be enforcing naming conventions a bit more in the G3/G8 era, so items should say "for Genesis _", where that often wasn't the case in earlier generations. Some items are made for both G3 and G8 and don't explicitly tell you which items are for which generation, so you can pop open the Info tab at the bottom of the Smart Content pane, and look at the item path to guide you. What item are you dealing with that isn't labeled as such?

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625

Thanks. I'll check and see. I solved the immediate issue by simply using a later generation Toon character. The shirt fit fine with it.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,915

If you like the Morpheus/Multi-Man shapes but prefer to work with G8, you can use XTransfer on them.