The Embracing Poses issue

Puma283fPuma283f Posts: 31
edited January 2022 in New Users

So just recently i bought the Standing and and Lying Embracing Poses for Genesis 8 because it says it was also compatible for Genesis 8.1 but when i tried to apply them and yes i even created a group to make it easy it doesnt seem to work on 8.1 but works on 8, Is there something im missing or did i just [misunderstand the] Advertising that i might have to refund? Please help if possible 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Post edited in order not to have to remove it.

Thiss et https://www.daz3d.com/standing-embracing-poses-for-genesis-8 ? It uses a script to aply the poses, and scripts cannot automatically be redirected to work on Genesis 8.1. hat you can do is aply to Genesis 8 figures, then copy to the 8.1 figures, or save two regular pose presets, or parent one figure to the other and use a Hierarchcial preset - the psoes themselves will be fine on 8.1.

• Puma283fPuma283f Posts: 31
    edited January 2022

yes thats the poses set, sorry for asking but how will each procedure work, can you break down each step? i'm still pretty much a beginner in this and im not sure how to do hierarchial preset or copy pose to 8.1 and such 

Post edited by Puma283f on
  • The simplest is to have the Genesis 8 figures and the 8.1 figures loaded, aply the pose script to the 8s, then select the first 8, Edit>Copt, select the first 8.1, Edit>Paste>Paste Figure Pose, then repeat for the second. You can also select the first Genesis 8, File>Save As>Pose Preset, name it for the pose set and add a figure identifier at the end, select the second Genesis 8 and do the same for that - then you can apply the presets to the 8.1 figures at any stage, without needing any Genesis 8 figures loaded. The first is simpler and fine for one-off use, the second is fiddlier but if you expect to reuse that pose combination it will be easier in the long term.

• ok i get the save as part but where would i find figure identifier when i attempt to save the pose it takes me to the options where its basically properties and thats all 

• To save the complete pose you shouldn't need to do anything, just make sure you have the right figure (or one of its bones) selected.

• Puma283fPuma283f Posts: 31
    edited January 2022

since the poses are group related would i have to highlight the gen 8 male and female at the same time before saving?

update-So the Save pose as trick seems to work though i think i might need to adjust the parameter settings a bit on the 8.1 to make it like the gen 8 couples unless theres a trick i should know also it seems the default expressions from the poses dont save 

Post edited by Puma283f on
  • Expressions are one thing that doesn't carry over, though it is possible to enable the Genesis 8 expressions on 8.1 (sorry, I don't have a link to hand for the instructions).

• Well at least you did try thanks for everything though