Parenting and Saving as Preset?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,625

I thought this might work:  parent some items to a figure and then save the figure as a preset. The figure is saved, but none of the other parented items. Is there a way to include all parented items when saving a figure preset?

Comments

• Wearable preset.

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513

You could save as a scene subset. That allows you to select which items are saved (I uncheck things like cameras and render settings) and then load the figure and all parented items you select in one shot. This avoids having to load a figure and then load a wearable with the items that are parented.

In my workflow, if I am creating a character that I plan to use in lots of ways, such as in different genres, I set up the figure and add the things that won't really change, like hair, certain accessories like glasses, and any other items that the character will always have (custom eyebrows, etc.). Then I save that as a scene subset and load my "base" figure and later apply clothing and the appropriate props for the scene I am building.

If I have kitbashed outfits I want to use across multiple characters or have a standard setup (like "police officer") that will basically be the same on multiple figures in a scene, then I save the clothing, accessories, and props (say a uniform, sunglasses, shoes) as a wearable preset.

If I am creating a character who will mostly look the same and wear the same outfit (say a super hero) I set up the figure, accessories, outfit, and any other props and save that whole thing as a scene subset.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625

Thanks. Super helpful.