How to use a head morph?

mike242910mike242910 Posts: 36
edited January 2022 in New Users

Recently I purchased a custom head morph from totocandy1, and installed it into mylibrary but I can't find the morph in my content library. How do I access this head morph?

Post edited by mike242910 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,915

Morphs don't appear in your content library, although if they made a shaping preset, that would. If the morph was installed correctly, it will be in the parameters pane on the figure itself. 

• If it follows the pattern of the free one mentioned in the other thread, there may be some images in the download as to where to look for it. The free one is found on the Parameters Tab under Morphs > Morph Loader.

• mike242910mike242910 Posts: 36
    edited January 2022

I have to be missing something because the correct sliders are not there. Maybe I'm installing it in the wrong section of the library?

Have you manually installed content before? How confident are you that it is where it's supposed to be?

• Well dig into the data folder, find the morph, unzip it with 7zip to "here" {the location where it is, right-click option}, add ".txt" to the end of the result. Open that then and ask Notepad to search for "group" ... taken note of the information that follows. Close the folders, open D/S, load the appropriate figure, click on the main name/root of the figure, i.e. Genesis 8, then look over on the Parameters Tab to the place the group indicated.

At the bottom of these typing boxes is a link to "Attach a file" ... you click that and then "Browse" to select the nice screenshot you're going to make if you still can't find it ;-)

• Gordig said:

Have you manually installed content before? How confident are you that it is where it's supposed to be?

Fairly confident. It should be in the myDaz3Dlibrary folder.

I downloaded the free Charlotte morph, and it shows up under Morphs/Morphloader, just like Catherine said it would.

• mike242910mike242910 Posts: 36
    edited January 2022

Gordig said:

I downloaded the free Charlotte morph, and it shows up under Morphs/Morphloader, just like Catherine said it would.

Charlotte is under there. I bought a different one, the EO one. Her slider isn't under morph loader. My only other guess is I have the duplicate formula error when I load the gen 8 females and maybe that's blocking the morph? I don't know what else it could be.

• Gordig said:

And I was wrong. So the zip has it in Content-> data and runtime folders. Instead of installing content, I moved the data and runtime folders to mydaz3Dlibrary. My apologies all, it was frustrating not being able to figure this out.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015
    edited January 2022

Instructions for manual installation

InstallContent.JPG
    793 x 1120 - 226K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • I am new to Daz. I downloaded a couple head morphs from Deviant Art and tried to upload them into My Daz 3D Library folder. They show up under Daz Content, My 3D Library, but not under Parameters. What am I doing wrong?