Need to move Daz content off full drive?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,625
edited December 2021 in New Users

When I try to download new purchases via install manager (1.4.8.80) the program instantly quits on me. Any ideas on why?  

Using this on a Mac.

Edit:  Ah, I think found the reason. My startup SSD is packed the brim with Daz stuff.  What is the best practice in managing the Daz Library?  Have it on a separate drive? Is there an easy way to port that content to a new drive and still allow Daz Studio to find it (and not break links in existing project files)?

Post edited by Deke on

Comments

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,625

So what I'm trying to do now is simply create another repository of content on another drive and tell Daz to search both places when gathering up information to show in Smart Content. Is that possible?

• Anarkia333Anarkia333 Posts: 104
    edited January 2022

I have move all my content on Other Drive, and the Smart content lost all link... tell nothing install, but when I load scene all is oki.... xD

But I not use Smart content, it is for beginner and very bugs.... 

Post edited by Anarkia333 on
  • DekeDeke Posts: 1,625

Thanks. Yes, I've noticed I can add new content to a second drive, have both listed in the Content Directory Manager, and I can find new items in Content Library. They may not appear, however, in Smart Content. 

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 513

Do you use Daz Install Manager to install the content, or another method? If you use DIM (or DAZ Centeral, I think), then items will not show "installed" from the new drive even though they exist and work fine. This can make adding new content with DIM annoying as it will show everything you've purchased in DIM as ready for download. To fix this, you can update your manifest files to show the new path. I am not sure if this also will affect/fix the Smart Content issue.

In Windows, they are stored in the Documents folder where the DAZ library is kept, under /DAZ 3D/InstallManager/ManifestFiles. I am not sure how similar this is for a Mac.

You need to upate the UserInstallPath value in each file to show the new path.  

If you have a text editor that can do Batch operations on files in a folder, you can do a bulk search and replace with the new path information. You would put the old path in the "find" field and the new path in the "replace" field. Again, since I am not a Mac user, I can't help you with the exact process or the software to use. For PC, I use Notepad ++, which is not on the Mac, but I did see a couple of articles listing alternatives to that program for Mac when I did a quick search.