Victoria 8.1 necessary for other 8.1 figures?

I want to start buying G8.1 females, do I need to purchase Victoria 8.1 for twice the cost of the other figures, just to run those figures? Or can I just buy 8.1 figures and start rendering? Is there a catch I am missing or is she a barrier to 8.1? Why is the Victoria figure always nearly $50 for just the figure?

I purchased the HD add on for Vic G8.1, will that HD effect/dials apply to the other figures that do not have their own HD settings? I want the highest quality possible skin for figures that do not have HD add ons.

Daz does not sell anatomical elements so search elswhere?

Thank you.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Victoria 8.1 is only needed for figures that are made on top of her (Victoria 8.1 mentioned as Required Products), although such characters can be used also without Victoria 8.1, they just don't look the same.

You can dial the Victoria 8.1 HD to other characters as well

DAZ doesn't sell anatomical elements on their own, but the recent (adult) bundles usually include the anatomical elements for both genders.

• PerttiA said:

Victoria 8.1 is only needed for figures that are made on top of her (Victoria 8.1 mentioned as Required Products), although such characters can be used also without Victoria 8.1, they just don't look the same.

You can dial the Victoria 8.1 HD to other characters as well

DAZ doesn't sell anatomical elements on their own, but the recent (adult) bundles usually include the anatomical elements for both genders.

Awesome answers thank you kind person. Would you be able to provide a link to these bundles just so I know for sure Im looking at the right one. Cheers!!!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Bundles; https://www.daz3d.com/people-and-wearables-bundles

Not all bundles include them but the ones that do, say it in "What's included"

Anatomy.JPG
    1240 x 163 - 40K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

There are also 3rd party anatomical addons from renderotica that usually finction and look better than the ones from DAZ

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,149
    You can also use the G8F female characters and G3F skins on G8.1F, provided that you're using DAZ Studio 4.15, just update the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials. Yes, the Victoria 8.1 HD can be used with other characters.