don't know how to install add ons on Mac laptop

i have purchased some add ons for my daz3d but i cant figure out how to install them through my installation manager or anything else. i cant use dazcentral because i purchased them through a 3rd party website

Comments

• photodm2015photodm2015 Posts: 2
    edited December 2021

Well, if you will take help from a newbie it is pretty easy to install content manually into your Daz library (I do this on a daily basis as Daz central on my Macbook used to hang all the time).

The important thing is to respect the folder structure of your library and make sure you put things in the correct folders so the software knows where to find them.

(FYI I moved my Daz library to an external SSD drive as it was getting huge)

Get two windows open, in list view for ease, one for your Daz library (look in your documents folder) and the other for the product you want to install. You will see folders 'data'  'runtime' etc. -  and depending what the product is it may have folders called 'people' 'props' 'environments' 'vehicles' etc.

Start with your Daz library data folder; disclose that into a long list and in the other window do the same for your product. Drag the folders (or subfolders) from your product into the corresponding folder (or subfolder) in your library. It is vital to get the hierarchy the same so double check you are getting the nesting the same.

Macs allow you to merge the contents of two folders with the same name (dunno about Windows) which can save time.

Then disclose the other folders in the library which have corresponding folders in your product (People, Runtime, etc etc) and do the same as you did for the data folder.

Once you have done this, launch Daz and try and use the product you just installed. If it doesn't throw up any error messages saying it can't find various files then all is good and you have done it! If it does say things are missing, make a note of what files it can't find and where they should be and drag them to the correct places.

Hope this makes sense - the first few times you do this it seems pretty daunting but trust me you soon get familiar with the folder structure and it becomes almost second nature.

Post edited by photodm2015 on