The Pacific northwest add-on for Ultra scenery glitch

First of all, the UltraScenery is jaw-dropping. My system is not the most powerful so i have to be careful to not forget to take off Iray viewport or it goes into forever spinning wheel.

My glitch comes when i try adding proxies into a build.

They...stay proxies.

I think there may be something i'm overlooking I tried adding Mats but nope. You can see in the screenshots below.

Thanks.

2021-12-25_15h49_07.png
1107 x 861 - 2M
2021-12-25_15h42_32.png
1212 x 638 - 574K

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,105

They aren't supposed to be used they are only place images so you see where the instances will be.

@barbuilt will be along to explain if she sees this :)

• montrealfilmguymontrealfilmguy Posts: 127
    edited December 2021

Ok cool. yes shes the master at this.

Fishtales said:

They aren't supposed to be used they are only place images so you see where the instances will be.

@barbuilt will be along to explain if she sees this :)f

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,009
    There is no "i" in barbult, but I stumbled upon this anyway. :) As Fishtales explained, the proxy props are only intended to be used internally by the UltraSceneCreator script. The script uses these low poly proxies to show where large trees will be in the final render. It just gives you an idea of what the final scene render will look like, so you can adjust your camera view, etc. before rendering. If you want to add more trees, add the real tree props that come with the set, not the proxies. Have fun!
  • montrealfilmguymontrealfilmguy Posts: 127
    edited December 2021

Okay super. Thanks a lot to both.

But my next question is, why are there materials provided then as in my second shot ?

what would be the use of those then ?

And if i use trees from the original asset, can i put like single black dots on my mask if i wanted one tree  to be added at a time ?

I'll have to read that wonderful 19-20 pages Barbult  started and do a series of tests i guess. 

Merci buckets.

barbult said:

There is no "i" in barbult, but I stumbled upon this anyway. :) As Fishtales explained, the proxy props are only intended to be used internally by the UltraSceneCreator script. The script uses these low poly proxies to show where large trees will be in the final render. It just gives you an idea of what the final scene render will look like, so you can adjust your camera view, etc. before rendering. If you want to add more trees, add the real tree props that come with the set, not the proxies. Have fun!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,009
    edited December 2021

montrealfilmguy said:

Okay super. Thanks a lot to both.

But my next question is, why are there materials provided then as in my second shot ?

what would be the use of those then ?

And if i use trees from the original asset, can i put like single black dots on my mask if i wanted one tree  to be added at a time ?

I'll have to read that wonderful 19-20 pages Barbult  started and do a series of tests i guess. 

Merci buckets.

barbult said:

Your second screenshot is looking at the Smart Content pane. Daz has assigned metadata to those product assets according to they type of file they are. But Smart Content is a confusing way to access UltraScenery products (as you have noticed!). Those materials files are intended to be used internally by the UltraSceneCreator script. The 6 files with MAT in their name are the materials that UltraSceneCreator applies to the terrain surface of the ecologies. UltraScenery is designed so that you only need to run the UltraSceneCreator script.You make your selection of feature and ecology from the script interface, and your selections in the script determine which plants, props, and materials are used.

The UltraSceneCreator script uses some noise patterns and randomness to determine where to place plants and props like logs, rocks, etc. Each ecology will use different settings and combinations of assets. If you want just one tree in your scene, putting a white dot on a black background in a layer mask won't necessarily accomplish that. The mask will be the final step in determining whether there will be trees in that spot, but if the ecology definition uses a noise or random pattern to scatter trees, it might not put trees in the area, so your white dot would not cause a tree to be put there. Your black area would prevent trees from being put in other areas though. So, you might end up with a tight cluster of trees in that white spot, a single tree, or no trees. If you want a single tree, hide the tree layer entirely with the eye icon on the Build tab, so that no trees are generated by the script. Then go to the "Pacific Northwest Botanica - Trees and Shrubs" product to select a tree and position it manually in your scene where you want it. "Pacific Northwest Botanica - Trees and Shrubs" is a regular Daz Studio product containing trees that you can use in any scene you create. "UltraScenery - Pacific Northwest" is an additional product that allows you to use the Pacific Northwest Botanica products from inside UltraScenery. The contents of "UltraScenery - Pacific Northwest" are not intended to be used outside of the UltraSceneCreator script. When you look at the UltraScenery - Pacific Northwest product in the store, you see that Pacific Northwest Botanica - Trees and Shrubs, UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System, and Pacific Northwest Botanica - Understorey are required products.

Post edited by barbult on