Time for renderize a picture

armengolabellaarmengolabella Posts: 9
edited December 2021 in New Users

Hello: I'm new in that!

When I render a scene, a pool with 4 characters, in UHD 16:9 take 2 hours to do a single picture.

When I see in internet comics that had 150 pictures... took 300 hours renderize all?

Daily I only can do 3 or 5 pictures if I am lucky. A very slow process.

My computer specs are:

- CPU RIZEN 7 3800X 8 CORES

- RAM 32GB DDR4

- SOLID HD

- CARD AMD RADEON 3800 XT 8GB

People told me I had a really powerful and nice computer (I bought a few months ago) and I don't understand why take so long renderize pictures in Daz Studio.

How long take normally renderize a UHD image? Must I change my computer for other more powerful? thanks

Post edited by armengolabella on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,009

Your computer is mostly fine. Your graphics card is the problem, if you are rendering in Iray. Only Nvidia graphics cards can be used by Daz Studio to render Iray fast in the GPU. With a Radeon card, you can only render Iray slowly with the CPU. Why, you ask. Because Iray is an Nvidia product.

• Wow... Never guess. Thank you. Then what nvidia card is good enough? I see the prices of nvidia 3070, 3080 y 3090 amd range between $1,200 and $2,200. That is so much. Insane expensive. What nvidia is best price/performance? Thanks Also with a nvidia card how long take renderize a picture?
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,009

Nvida graphics cards are difficult to find and priced above MSRP. You need to do a little research to determine what is best for you. Large scenes require lots of RAM on the graphics card. I'd say try to get at least 8 GB. More CUDA cores in a given generation render faster. But if your scene is too big for the RAM on the card, it will still render slowly with the CPU. So, you see, it is a trade off for $ budget - Ram vs. CUDA. As for timing, there are benchmark threads on the forum. There are also discussions of the merits of RAM vs. CUDA. Do some reading to figure out what is best for you. A lot will depend on what you can find for sale and what your budget is. Don't waste money on a card with 4 GB. Most scenes won't fit, and the card won't even be used for rendering.

• Thank you. So much appreciate you knowledge.

• armengolabella said:

Wow... Never guess. Thank you. Then what nvidia card is good enough? I see the prices of nvidia 3070, 3080 y 3090 amd range between $1,200 and $2,200. That is so much. Insane expensive. What nvidia is best price/performance? Thanks Also with a nvidia card how long take renderize a picture?

3060/Ti are best price/performance. 3080Ti = more money with very good renders speed. RTX3090/A5000/A6000 are top tier and very expensive.
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069
    edited December 2021

the alternative which I am even considering is cloud rendering.

There is an iray cloud server DAZ has apparently partnered with, I cannot seem to find anything about it though, I saw a blog linked the other day on Facebook but search is letting me down.

there are some here Ivy listed https://rentrender.com/all-render-farms-list/

you can sort by software 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Jack Tomalin has one too

and I also found this but it's not the one I saw on Facebook 

https://irendering.net/daz-studio-render-farm-service/

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited December 2021

I'm a little unclear about render farms or cloud rendering.  If it says that it costs $x.x per render node hour, what does that mean exactly?  What is a render node hour?  Is it an hour?

If my scene renders in an hour on their machine it costs $x.x?  If my scene renders in 15 minutes  does it cost one quarter of $x.x?

A couple of bucks to render a scene that would take all day to render on my CPU?

Post edited by Spacious on
  • Spacious said:

I'm a little unclear about render farms or cloud rendering.  If it says that it costs $x.x per render node hour, what does that mean exactly?  What is a render node hour?  Is it an hour?

If my scene renders in an hour on their machine it costs $x.x?  If my scene renders in 15 minutes  does it cost one quarter of $x.x?

A couple of bucks to render a scene that would take all day to render on my CPU?

That should be specified, but I would expect it to be per GPU per hour.

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited December 2021

If I'm to understand, a pretty complicated scene with a bunch of characters, clothes and hair, in an indoor environment with decent lighting should render clearly in 4k on a render server with a 3090 in the amount of time that costs like a dollar?

Am I missing something?  Can someone who has used a render farm tell me if it costs close to $1 or much more?

Post edited by Spacious on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on