Help with recently purchased Skin Shader

Hi all

I'm very new to Daz; I just bought this skin shader and am having some difficulties with it.

My questions are as such

1. What am I doing wrong in terms of the eyes? Whenever I load in the various parts (Cornea, Iris, etc.), her eye turns out like this in Iray view and seem not to be able to load properly. Is there a particular order I'm supposed to load them in, or is it something else?

2. What are these white lines that are appearing in her head in the Filament view once I start applying the shaders? Are they safe to ignore?

3. I'm assuming there's a reason it doesn't come with a shader for the Head; what should I be putting there? 

4. Would this work with an 8.1 figure or should I be strictly using 8.0? 

Thanks, any help would be very appreciated. 

Comments

• 1. The eye materials are more demanding than the skin materails, as a result enough of the render is "converged" (deemed done) for the render to stop while there is still a lot of noise in the eyes. You can increase the Convergence Threshold or Render Quality in Render Settings (the first may make it take account of more pixels, possibly including the eyes, the second will make it fussier about what it counts as done) or you can switch to the Spot Render tool, in Tool Settings select the option to have it render to a new window, drag out a rectangle over the eyes, and save the result as Tiff or PNG which you can then layer on top of the main render (by doing this the eye pixels are a hogher proportion of the area being rendered, and so are likely to be converged). Whatever you do is going to substantially increase the render time.

2. as long as they don't show in the final render they can be ignored, though you might report them to support as it would of course be desirable not to have them at all.

3. Torso will cover the back of the ehad, Face the front with the Genesis 8 UVs and surfaces - for 8.1 you would need to apply the Torso settings to both the body and the head surfaces - if the set uses Materials presets this should be happening automatically, which appears to eb the case from your images.

4. Genesis 8.1 still has the Genesis 8 UV mapping, as well as its own, so the textures will work using that - the only issue is the one you found in 3, that the old torso and back of head surface has been split in two, which can be an issue when things are presented in a way that assumes there will be only one zone or with scripts (which cannot be redirected to apply to both surfaces the way that presets can)