Why Does The Texture Shaded View Of Corsen Look Like This?

I bought Corsen from the FastGrab sale section today. The character is based on Victoria 8, and I think the PA did some awesome work in creating her.

The character renders beautifully, but in Texture Shaded view she looks as she does in the attached image. The reason I ask about this is I find the Texture Shaded view of her very difficult to work with. Is there anything I can do to make the texture shaded view of her easier to work with? It looks like a bad comic book and I find it difficult to see basic contours. Maybe it's just something new to get used to with this particular character.

Corsen2.jpg
997 x 766 - 129K

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

It's because of her materials, some PA's are using that type and it's quite irritating.

When you go to surfaces tab, at the top of the list there is a dropdown box that says Metallicity something (not at home now), change that and the look will be better on the viewport, but you may need to change it back for the final rendering

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,726

Try other views, like the smooth shaded view.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

PerttiA said:

It's because of her materials, some PA's are using that type and it's quite irritating.

When you go to surfaces tab, at the top of the list there is a dropdown box that says Metallicity something (not at home now), change that and the look will be better on the viewport, but you may need to change it back for the final rendering

The parameter name in Surfaces Tab is "Base Mixing", choices being "PBR Metallicity/Roughness", "PBR Specular/Glossiness" and "Weighted"

The first two can result in what you see, changing to "Weighted" will make the surface look better in Texture Shaded viewport, but...

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911

Skins that use Anagenessis 2 look a bit like that.

If I'm not mistaken Anagenessis 2 is a merchant resource, meaning PAs can use it on their characters and sell the results.

Why don't you give her a different skin and change back to her real skin before rendering?

• gfdamron1gfdamron1 Posts: 204
    edited December 2021

Thanks for the suggestions!

I couldn't find "Base Mixing" in the Surfaces tab- I'm probably just not seeing it. I did try the Smooth Shaded view, but combined with this skin, it provides even less detail (it appears white with a few black lines). While I was searching in the Surfaces pane I found the list of skins used on other characters and I've applied one of those to Corsen. I'll still look for Base Mixing because I would like to know how to use that as well. Before rendering, I'll switch back to her regular skin.

This is useful because I bought another character today that looks the same way in Texture Shaded view.

Post edited by gfdamron1 on